Calmini UCA Squeek?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jafman

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just interested to know. Does anyone have problems with their Cal UCAs squeeking? I have a set on their way at the moment and reading some US fourms it appears to be a common problem?

Never had a problem. Keep up the grease to the pivots and use moly based grease on the bushings as it doesn't effect (corrosive?) the polyurethane.

ask all poly suppliers and none will deny ( if they are honest ) they are hard and squeaky.

I have the Cali UCA's and lube every 5000k's when I do an oil/filter change and rotate wheels

Cheers for the replies. Chule - how long have you had the UCAs in, how often do you grease em and what brand do you use? Gazza - do yours do much squeeking?

Mate I don't have the Nav anymore but had the cal UCA's on for just under a year before I sold her. I did the same as gazza- every 5k with oil change or after I had it through water and/or mud.

I used Castrol LMM grease. It was recommended to me by a Nolathane rep. I was speaking to him prior to replacing the entire front end in poly bushings and he said moly based grease ( like the grease Nolathane supply with their bushings) are the best to use. It's also good for cv's and ball joints so it's a good grease for Navs IMO.

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/multipleproductsection.do?categoryId=9000752&contentId=7001140

And mine never made a single squeak the entire time I had them in - both upper and lower. In fact, the poly bushings cured the notorious D22 front end clunks and grinds. Personally I think the lower inner factory bushing is responsible for most of the horrendous front end noises- that bushing is pressed into the chassis with a metal sleeve running through it. Terrible design.

Last edited:
Cant hear a thing in the cab..only when windows are down going slow--mainly after alota water as mentioned....

Awesome! Thanks fellas - I feel assured that I've made the right decision. They're going in!

hi i was just about to make a new posted about them squeaking,have grease before installing,but no luck,my theory is that the two half bushings are the same length as the metal sleeve,so when you are tighten the bolt,you are actually squeezing against them instead of the sleeve,thinking of machining the shoulder of the bushing so that went put together,the sleeve is the longest part and therefore they wouldn't rub.

Sorry this isn't relevant to the Noise but it is to the UCA and to save creating another thread you guys might know the answer

How much longer are this Calmini UCA over the stock ones
and do they full sort out the camber issue

Thanks Guys

Latest posts

Back