Calmini Upper Control Arms

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
measuring from the ground is a very inaccurate way to measure.
varies too much on your tyres and tyre pressure.

suspension height is usually measured from the bottom of the wheel rim to the guard.

My first thoughts would have been bodylift also, maybe a small custom one?

If not, there probably is some variation between navara's and how they were built. He may be lucky and gets more clearance.

I know on some of the tyre threads, some guys could fit certain tyres with no problems, but others may need slight trimming etc.

Or the other possibility is he may have fitted ball joint spacers between the UCA and ball joint?

Ok... Bumped into the bloke today again with this Navara. Gets more interesting...
He has a 2" EFS kit, no body lift, Calmini UCA and rancho shocks up the front. Sits about 15mm higher than my Navara, and he has 25-30mm bump stop gap EASY, while mine barely has 10mm.
My phone wasnt on me so i couldnt take a photo or anything, but neither of us 2 could work out what the difference was, other than his is a 09 2.5L while mines a late 10 model. Also he got his UCA nearly 2 years ago, so, unless the UCA has changed, the 09 models have "something" different up front, then i have no f'in idea why hes got so much bump stop gap. I'm utterly jealous and pissed off though. lol

I saw an older nav in town the other day from vic with personal plates knarly i think it had 2" body lift and calamini arms and sedate probably 32" tires and it was massive. It was pulling up beside me in the lane next to me and i looked in my mirror and thought thats a pretty tuff patrol then as he wheeled past it was a nav so stalked him for a bit and had a sneaky look while driving past. If hes a member on here id love to know exactly what he has under it cause it was farkin high.

Ok... Bumped into the bloke today again with this Navara. Gets more interesting...
He has a 2" EFS kit, no body lift, Calmini UCA and rancho shocks up the front. Sits about 15mm higher than my Navara, and he has 25-30mm bump stop gap EASY, while mine barely has 10mm.
My phone wasnt on me so i couldnt take a photo or anything, but neither of us 2 could work out what the difference was, other than his is a 09 2.5L while mines a late 10 model. Also he got his UCA nearly 2 years ago, so, unless the UCA has changed, the 09 models have "something" different up front, then i have no f'in idea why hes got so much bump stop gap. I'm utterly jealous and pissed off though. lol

They did change the upper control arms. I know the new ones are made to clear the shocks more now. Maybe they changed the angle they run at also, im not too sure. Maybe email Calmini and ask?

They did change the upper control arms. I know the new ones are made to clear the shocks more now. Maybe they changed the angle they run at also, im not too sure. Maybe email Calmini and ask?

I emailed them prior to ordering mine, and they said, larger shock cut-out, and strengthened welds is the only difference. I asked them cause i didn't want the older ones. So vertically, no different.

I've had a read right through this thread and a number of others, after speaking with an engineer (W.A.) I was told that if the UCAs don't affect the steering geometry they can be fitted as a replacement, no certification required, if they did than a lane change test was required.

I have looked through the various posts on here, jumped on the Calmini site, Smake site and Caloffroad. I can't seem to find this info, I'm guessing its just a given that it does alter the steering geometry and will require a lane change test?

Any thoughts fellas?

Ben

Put mine on the other day, new model UCA's.
Thanks for the write up! Made it a breeze! Was all done in 3 hrs. 2 hrs on the first one, 1 hr on the second! Get a ball joint remover as well, worth the money in time pain and swear jar fines!
Hears a before and after of them.

The ride is so much better and the alignment feels so much more even.
Also corners and flex's up the front alot better! Now for some better shocks now I know there not going to get damaged and should be sorted in the suspension department!
:tazzy:

Attachments

• IMAG0630.jpg
    IMAG0630.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 187
  • IMAG0631.jpg
    IMAG0631.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 195
Hey albatross just wondering where you got your uca's from and how much you payed for them as I am looking at changing mine and I have a 09 d22 and is they any thing I need to ask when ordering them cheers

I orded them from calmini via the website listed on the first post of this thread!
I used the same part number as listed too. Came from the states, including post it cost me AU$578.
Kit included ball joints and bushes, everything needed.
Its very recomended!

There is a company on Facebook who advertised selling total chaos upper arms now avaliable, $780+35 post for the D 40

"Ours are also set at a different angle so that when they are

installed and the torsion bar is wound back up again, the vehicle is

comfortably and easily lifted without creating extra stress on the CV's and

other components in the suspension."

haha yeah right

Same as mine mate, heres a pic of them installed. I painted mine black to.

Hi. Do you think those long bolts that are hitting the rubber under the ball joint will cause a problem later on? I checked mine earlier and was thinking about making them shorter when I can but if its standard I will leave it :)

Latest posts

Back