Camp Oven

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevyn

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is using the Hillbilly steel camp oven and how do you rate it. I'm very close to forking out the dollars for one but a tad hesitant.

Cheers Brad

I think I got mine from kmart when it was on special, was like $16 or something like that :D
Still going strong :D

the "Hill Billy" is totally different as its spun steel and not cast. it also can be used in any number of configurations and really are totally different to cook with as the the heat is transferred through the thinner spun steel differently and they need less heat to really burn the shit out of all your food :sarcastic:

Personally i use the cast ones and the more i use them the better we are getting with knowing cooking times and how much heat to use and how much heat to expect from the different types of timber in the fire.

Mates we go away with use the hill Billy stuff and swear its the bees knees, IMO they do seem good but not that good i could justify all the extra coin

Last edited:
We also use the cast iron pots
Have cut down a 115ltr car lpg tank as a fire pit and have a frame to sit over it and hang the pots from.
Might bring it to the muster
couple of pics
1) dodgey frame out of tent poles to hold pots in Armidale
2) Cut down gas tank

Attachments

• 20130712_163833.jpg
    20130712_163833.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 20140621_150213_resized.jpg
    20140621_150213_resized.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 67

Latest posts