Camper Trailers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are looking around at the moment, well have only really started this weekend........will check out this site you mentioned, have looked at the Rays Outdoors specials, a bit basic though.......good to hear what others have though, what to or not to recommend ??

Are you bidding Brisbanite? Its up to $4k after 29 bids and a rrp of nearly $15k! Will have a look in a couple of hours to see what it goes for.

Nah not yet mate, just looking at the moment, pretty good price tho.

They've sold just under 4000 campers via ebay and their feedback looks pretty good.

eBay Feedback Profile for marketdirectcampers

This bit is written later in the listing:

Please note:

Certain images in this add may depict "additional options" that do not form part of the auction itself but are able to be purchased afterwards. Please see towards the end of this listing for information on additional options or how to purchase additional options. Items NOT covered in this auction include
Toolbox
Spare Wheel
Water Tank, Pump Tap and Lockable Filler
Kitchenette (Includes Stainless Steel Sink + Dish Drainer, Shelving, 2 Burner Stove, 4 kg Gas Bottle + Gas Line)
Battery Pack (and all associated items including portable shower and LED lights)
Spreader Pole Kit
Tent Fly/Tarp
Extra Annexes

Last edited:
Nah not yet mate, just looking at the moment, pretty good price tho.

They've sold just under 4000 campers via ebay and their feedback looks pretty good.

eBay Feedback Profile for marketdirectcampers

This bit is written later in the listing:

Please note:

Certain images in this add may depict "additional options" that do not form part of the auction itself but are able to be purchased afterwards. Please see towards the end of this listing for information on additional options or how to purchase additional options. Items NOT covered in this auction include
Toolbox
Spare Wheel
Water Tank, Pump Tap and Lockable Filler
Kitchenette (Includes Stainless Steel Sink + Dish Drainer, Shelving, 2 Burner Stove, 4 kg Gas Bottle + Gas Line)
Battery Pack (and all associated items including portable shower and LED lights)
Spreader Pole Kit
Tent Fly/Tarp
Extra Annexes

Hi all
I actually checked out these campers when I was doing my research before my purchase. With all campers I researched there were always the "add ons" to make it a complete package (for what I wanted ) and they all seemed to come up around the same money, this camper you refer to from memory has to be waterproofed, NOT seasoned like other canvass (I could be wrong here but check it out first). I am no expert by any means and was pretty green but there was something about the setup that turned me off these particular ones. Don't get me wrong here I am not bagging them but have a good look around it etc etc. I eventually settled on one that had the COMPLETE package as an all up price from Melbourne - won't name it here as I don't want to be seen to be pushing a product but if you want to PM me I will pass on the info
There are a lot out there so take your time and you will find what suits you, price does not always guarantee quality

Cheers
Boxxy

I am thinking of building a camp trailer, I can get the trailer fabricated at work thats the easy bit. I have some ideas but just wanted to throw it out there has any one got any plans? or ideas they would like to share

I'm going to the 2009 Queensland Caravan, Camping & Touring Holiday Show in early June to check out what deals are around for new ones.

Caravan Camping & Touring Holiday Show

Was recently offered a second hand 1993 Cavalier for $5k. Waiting to see what the show has to offer.

Camper Trailer

I have had a camper trailer listed for sale in the 'For Sale' thread for some time. It is an Outback brand which we purchased new in 2001 and has just been sitting in my shed for the last 18 months. All its features are shown on the thread but it has been a great unit and travelled all over the countryside with no problems. I am just getting too old to be bothered putting it up and down every night as this is how we tour. Have progressed to a van now for convenience.

We are going to hire a couple of different ones to see if we like them or not they aren't cheap to buy and only around $270.00 for one week to hire from Johnno's campers or lazy boy campers . Food for thought !

I bought an old Cub Kamperoo, ya know the little one with the 10" wheels. Well I cut out the the sides and made up some guards similar to that on the kimberly kamper to fit some off 16" split rims and tyres, extended the draw bar to 1.5m, made a false floor to house some draws and an external slide out kitchen, put a large tool box on the draw bar as well as 5 jerry can holders, and gave her a fresh coat of paint. Just have to set up the electrics and a watertank and strengthen the chasis a little bit more and she's finnished. So far she has only set me back aprox $2800 and thats including the price of the camper.

Heres some pics of mine.

Attachments

• 4233_83080423772_562423772_1832082_4944453_n.jpg
    4233_83080423772_562423772_1832082_4944453_n.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 4233_83080418772_562423772_1832081_1116223_n.jpg
    4233_83080418772_562423772_1832081_1116223_n.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 91
Just my 2 bobs worth

Hi guys, purchased my camper a few years back now. Been happy as a pig in mud with my buy. Just a few tips, take em or leave em, make sure your tent section is a good one. You can't sleep in your trailer. The canvas on your trailer keeps you, the children and most importantly, THE MISSUS happy. Found a lot of people go overboard with the size of their tent, Must have the biggest, until they set it up. Great in a caravan park, try to set it up on uneven ground in the bush. Mine's a basic 14x12 set up, easy to erect (15 mins) and then we could go to trailers ! Long or short drawbars, inderpendant suspension - solid axels, the list goes on. Just have a good think before you buy something that doesn't suit your needs. We go away to have a good time, you don't need to be stressed your first night out.
We even upgraded to a Jayco Outback, what a waste of time and money that was! thank GOD I didn't sell the camper. What I'm trying to say is, work out your needs and buy to suit, Regards STUMPY

hey, has anyone had much to do with the new Cub Drovers?
We are thinking of buying one.
just after some fedback pls.

cheers

I bought an old Cub Kamperoo, ya know the little one with the 10" wheels. Well I cut out the the sides and made up some guards similar to that on the kimberly kamper to fit some off 16" split rims and tyres, extended the draw bar to 1.5m, made a false floor to house some draws and an external slide out kitchen, put a large tool box on the draw bar as well as 5 jerry can holders, and gave her a fresh coat of paint. Just have to set up the electrics and a watertank and strengthen the chasis a little bit more and she's finnished. So far she has only set me back aprox $2800 and thats including the price of the camper.

have you put brakes on it?
all those additions sounds like you may have made it overweight

have you put brakes on it?
all those additions sounds like you may have made it overweight

I havn't put it on the scales yet, but I don't think she is over 750 kg because I can still hardly feel it on tow. But in saying that, I think brakes are on the cards, just for further peace of mind.

Campers - Has anyone got or heard any reports on the Tambo Cooper Camper Trailers at all, based in Melbourne......Spent most of the day Friday looking around at several places, the Tambo & Red Rock Campers seemed the best quality and well made out of the lot and reasonably priced.......??

Latest posts

Back