Camping setups

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my setup. It is a rear flod "Bushboy"camper.
Has an extra room on the side for the kids to sleep in.

Attachments

• 214.JPG
    214.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 558
  • 100_0575.JPG
    100_0575.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 559
Here's mine ....... the "El Cheapo".

the dunny is where you dig it, and the bath is in the cold mountain stream.

:cheers!:

thats my style of set up also....no fancy gismos for me..
no little kids and missus to worry about....just for the guys to get away...:rock:

Here's mine ....... the "El Cheapo".

the dunny is where you dig it, and the bath is in the cold mountain stream.

+1 on this. Me and the missus hike alot - so what you can have is what you are willing to carry on your back. It equates to a simple (but strong tent), warm but lite sleeping bag and small alcohol stove - no you really don't need much to have fun!

How do you guys find the roof top tents? Do you need a canopy to spread the weight or would bracing work? Love to see some good photos of your setups.

I was thinking about one but I don't think I could carry my motocross bike in the back while on. Back to trailering but not a deal breaker.

Camping Setup

This is my setup :big_smile:

Attachments

• 08052010.jpg
    08052010.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 454
  • 26062010(003).jpg
    26062010(003).jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 507
  • 26062010.jpg
    26062010.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 485
some nice trailer setups there fella's....

would also like to see some pics of the rooftop setups (mounting wise that is)

Thought I would post some pictures up of the setup myself and a few friends use when we run caving courses at Timor Caves. I dont own the dining fly but usually when we run these caving courses we set our tents up at one end, tables in the middle and kitchen, spits and hot water at the other end. Gets nice and warms all closed up with the spits and patio heater going.

This weekend just gone i had the pleasure of having it all to myself as it was only a small course and everyone else has started upgrading to camper trailers.

Attachments

• P7020411.jpg
    P7020411.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 700
  • P1010085.jpg
    P1010085.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 640
How do you guys find the roof top tents? Do you need a canopy to spread the weight or would bracing work? Love to see some good photos of your setups.

I was thinking about one but I don't think I could carry my motocross bike in the back while on. Back to trailering but not a deal breaker.

Nothing to stop you mounting a roof top tent over the cabin of the ute on roof racks ... and that leaves the ute tray very clear, for the motocross bike(s) and other camping equipment.

Nothing to stop you mounting a roof top tent over the cabin of the ute on roof racks ... and that leaves the ute tray very clear, for the motocross bike(s) and other camping equipment.

The thing I'd be cautious of there is the "dynamic roof loading" which isn't allowed to exceed 95Kg. You can probably put 250-300Kg up there when the vehicle is still, but make sure the entire load (including the racks) isn't over the dynamic limit.

The thing I'd be cautious of there is the "dynamic roof loading" which isn't allowed to exceed 95Kg. You can probably put 250-300Kg up there when the vehicle is still, but make sure the entire load (including the racks) isn't over the dynamic limit.

Spot on! In fact the guys at Roof Rack City (they charge like a wounded bull but do know their stuff) insisted that when off the beaten track the maximum weight on the roof of a D40 should not be more than 65kg because of the extra dynamics created off road.

This is the setup we use when the whole family are camping. This pic was taken at Riverwood Downs, I have a full annex for it but prefer to use the tarp as pictured.

Cheers Brad

Attachments

• 2009 094.jpg
    2009 094.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 599
I just had to edit my original post because I had rearranged my garage and caused the image to move, which made this pic disappear.

Our van which can be clearly seen in on-road and on-site format in this post is about to go up for sale. We had it valued at $35,000, it's got a new hot water system, I have not long ago installed a second solar panel, it uses an under-seat air conditioner, it has 2 59L water tanks separately plumbed, the shower plumbing has been separated from the rest so that it doesn't flood. The bed lifts up and you can store stuff underneath. It will keep the C-Tek XS7000 charger, inverter and the Waeco 140L 12/240V fridge. It's just had 5 new tyres put on it and maybe 1,000km of travel on those so far. We will be taking it to the Muster so you can see it in the flesh.

We're looking for $25,000 for it but will take $20,000 from any forum member. We do NOT want to sell it until we're ready to let it go, but when it goes it will include everything that is fixed to the van - I'm not going to remove solar panels, regulators, power supplies etc. It will go as a complete, functional, tried & tested unit.

Why are we selling it? We'd be quite happy to continue using it, it's a wonderful home but we have a small "I want something new" itch that needs to be scratched. We have built a new home, bought a new car, but never had a new caravan so we went looking ...

And we've found this gem, and ours will be manufactured this coming Dec (2011). We walked inside and were so stunned, I called the bank manager and asked him for $80,000.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wheels will be matched to the Navara. I could have Simplicity suspension put on (extra $4,000). It will have an L-shaped dining area so that it can become a bed, it will have a third water tank installed (taking the full fresh water capacity to 250 litres). It already comes with the roll-out like I had fitted to our current van.

So, this will become our new camper setup as of some time in 2012. Hopefully it's before the planet cracks in half, if you believe that hype about the Mayan calendar, but if it's not, we'll drive around on the half that remains.

Attachments

• vogue2-6908.jpg
    vogue2-6908.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 2,806
  • vogue-1240.jpg
    vogue-1240.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 2,604
  • DSC00197-7636.jpg
    DSC00197-7636.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 2,614
  • DSC00215-5085.jpg
    DSC00215-5085.jpg