Camping setups

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-1473399082.jpg

Thats me, cheap and easy.

when we go away for a night or two we like to keep it simple with a small dome tent. if it's an extended trip and we take the boat then we bring the lot.

Attachments

• IMG_67411.jpg
    IMG_67411.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_43619 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_43619 (Medium).jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 527
My new campsite. This was it's second outing at easter, took it too Tuff Trucks too. Cant wait too give it a try out on a real offroad trip.

picture.php

picture.php

Retired the old camping trailer.

Just added some led's to the camper for underneath, over the stove and general camp lighting. Hopefully finish it all off this week if I have time... :S
Taken with lousy Iphone. EDIT: sorry bout the image size! Holy shit

2icbrf7.jpg

2uotco8.jpg

2hh2fme.jpg

rooftop tent on custom frame, and then kitchen in the back of the ute....

Attachments

• IMG_3088.JPG
    IMG_3088.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 359
Not the best photo but when it's just me i'll take the swag, put it under the awning and i'm done :)

The photo was taken on a recent trip in the Otways with a group of others who all had little two wheel drive buzz boxes...

When the handbrake and kids are with me it's a different story...

Attachments

• IMG_2069.jpg
    IMG_2069.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 409
Here is the setup I've been using when I go away on my own. This was taken 2 weeks ago at Southend SA.

It's a sil-nylon tarp (weights ~100g) that I use for hiking. Takes 5 mins to set it up and depending on the configuration, will stand up to the most severe weather. I rained for 2 days straight and I was cosy under the tarp.

I've recently bought a swag though for extended trips. Can't beat the time it takes to set up a swag - like instant comfort.

Attachments

• IMG_3625.jpg
    IMG_3625.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_3622.jpg
    IMG_3622.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 321
Camper

This is my home from home,love it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 352
Wife and I just stepped up to a camper trailer with bub due next month only had the one week away since picking it up awsome to have queen size spring mattress for extended stays in the bush.
It's a southern land camper from bayswater vic

Attachments

• mobile 3 008.jpg
    mobile 3 008.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 296
  • mobile 3 010.jpg
    mobile 3 010.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 289
  • mobile 3 007.JPG
    mobile 3 007.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 316
This is my home made job. Gal trailer with hilux tub and roof top tent. Does the job great for me vImageUploadedByTapatalk1359431527.734725.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1359431546.849849.jpg

This is my home made job. Gal trailer with hilux tub and roof top tent. Does the job great for me vView attachment 9931View attachment 9932

Just a tip, make sure you get under and clean out the gap between the checker plate and the draw bar. I was care taker for a 6x4' box trailer for a group and crap was thrown up in that gap and caused the top of the draw bar to rust out. The RHS was almost C channel. The extent It was only visible when we decided to grind it off as the rust kept coming back.

Hey Zebra, I'd kill for a set of antlers like that for the man cave I'm building!!!

Hey mate I've done a lot of hard yards to get those trophies ! You could try ebay or gumtree I have seen heads for sale on there before. Or you could take up hunting ?

Just a tip, make sure you get under and clean out the gap between the checker plate and the draw bar. I was care taker for a 6x4' box trailer for a group and crap was thrown up in that gap and caused the top of the draw bar to rust out. The RHS was almost C channel. The extent It was only visible when we decided to grind it off as the rust kept coming back.

Yeah thanks mate it's removable and gets cleaned. Also being gal I'd hope it wouldn't rust or it was pointless lol.

Latest posts

Back