Can you tell me what this is please?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjwooly

Reaction score
Hi all while looking to replace my globes I found this "zipptied" to the inside of the engine bay.A hose runs to the turbo inlet I think and one to the top of the engine.

Any ideas on what it might be?

Thanks Pjw.

Attachments

• August 2014 007.jpg
    August 2014 007.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 190
  • August 2014 009.jpg
    August 2014 009.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 157
Definitely an oil catch can as Nuckin Futs said. Might be worth checking the contents if you haven't seen it before.

Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) line usually returns to your intake and it's gas oil vapour is dumped back through the turbo and engine, this is less than ideal as it gunks up all your intake manifold. That catch can is an attempt to stop this gas/oil vapour, it works better with a filter in it, not sure that catch can would have a filter (some are sold as just a container with no actual filter inside), if not some people do a home made jobby and put a pot scouring pad in there as a means of filtering the oil vapour to reduce the vapour going back to the engine.

I will check if it has a filter thanks.

nothing inside it I don't think as it has a clear tube running up the side to see how full it is and it shows nothing.

As said before tho it is zipptied to the frame and moves around a little..will have to sort something better out I think.

Thanks for the replies guys.:love sign:

I tell a lie it does have some oil in there but not much.

Also where do most of you that have one have yours positioned?
This ones in behind the passenger headlight.The shape of it suits the spot but not sure how to make it a good fixture.
The hoses are long so maybe I could place it in a better spot.is there an ideal spot where they should be?

Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back