Canopy Locks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STXNavara

Reaction score
Hi I have a d40 navara with a flexiglass canopy. Does anyone know if there is a way to centrally lock the 3 windows instead of using the stupid little keys?

Whats the point ?? all the crooks have to do is drop the tail gate and they carte blanche to everything inside anyhow

You can do it in a similar way to the rest of the system, by using the actuators to disable the latches but it would mean atleast one actuator for each door, (may need 2 on a door depending on construction), cabling to each actuator and while you're at it you may as well central lock the tailgate as well so that would be atleast 4 actuators maybe 7 actuators plus cabling, plus a decent method of hiding all those cables (for neatness).

Putting an extra 4 actuators on the system shouldn't make too much load but as the BCM would never be expected to run that many there is always the possibility that it wont control all of them. Unless you buy genuine actuators (or figure out a way to manipulate after market ones) your extra door locks will not talk to the BCM and therefore wont relock with the system (when the locks are opened but no door is) and using any one of them alone will result in the car relocking itself after 60 seconds.

So in answer to your question yes it is possible but it may be alot of work for little gain. I have done the tailgate and it was relatively easy and does exactly what I want (stops arseholes opening the tailgate when the car is locked) but I'm still only one brick away from a theft.

Thanks for your replies. I have been searching the internet and found a site which does sell a kit to lock all the canopy windows, it looks pretty good so I have bought one. The site is canopylocks.com.au

Wow for that price it would want to be good. I'd still be making every effort to plug that system into the central locking system of the car because having it's own remote and switch to me defeats the reasons for having a centrally locked canopy. The system should handle the extra load and I'd be doing my best to make it.

I'd also be buying another actuator and locking the tailgate because as stated above most canopies do not stop the tailgate from opening breaking both the rear window and getting around the central locked windows.

Latest posts

Back