canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunkmuddie

Reaction score
Hey guys
Thinking of buying a fiberglass canopy any suggestion on which brands are worth a look or problems you have had with others
cheers Dunk

I have a colour coded ARB Canopy on mine and i'm pretty happy with it. I am not sure what they are worth, mine came with the car when i bought it. Also not sure how easy it is to remove when requiring more height in the tub, that is something i'm yet to investigate. Hope this helps

I have a ARB smooth finish standard height canopy on my D22 and pretty happy with it had no drama's. I fitted some extra sealing rubber around the rear window and leave the front window open about an inch and it is fairly dust proof. And surprisingly for ARB the price is very competitive

stu

i have an Alpha canopy and i couldn't rate it higher. it was bought from Blueys (..::| Blueys Ute World - We Sell Accessories For Utes |::..) and i think they look better than the others. smooth and have a nice lining so it's like the inside of your car, and has a light. i'm also told they hold 300Kg when stationary or 100Kg moving. so good for roof top tents, just in case.

My canopy was provided by Nissan as part of the vehicle package. It's American made, so the darn canopy is a left-hand-drive but it looks quite nice and doesn't leak. It has an interior light and a 3rd brake light.

The only issue with it is the locks - they sit proud of the glass and if you twist them hard, they break. I'd love to replace them. They used tinted automotive safety glass for the windows, which lift upwards on gas struts.

I like everything about it except the locks.

I have a flexiglass challenge (was on it when I bought the car). It is a piece of crap. The locks are buggered, it leaks like a seive, the bolts they put in all rusted and came loose, has to cut them off cause couldn't get the nuts off, it has cracks in the external fibreglass, the brake light is the cheapest thing I have ever come accross, the mounts for the rear window gas struts bend......... Apart from that its pretty good! I do however like the tilt up side windows and internal frame for roof rack monting.

Make sure yours has
1) Good mounting system
2) Internal frame
3) Interior light
4) Tilt up side windows
5) The extra high ones are practical but look a bit funny, i'm not sure on that one.
6) Good seals.

One thing with that Lifestyle canopy and a couple of others is that they curve at the back far too much and you miss out on vital storage space. I prefer to have a canopy that goes nearly all the way to the tailgate, and then drops down. I think Avenger is the other mob who do this, very sporty looking, but I want maximum enclosed space.

Hoo Roo

That lifestyle one is the avenger one

The similarities between Caddy and Avenger are close enough to suggest they are identical. I never got far enough with Caddy to find out where theirs are made but Avenger canopies are made (well atleast shipped from) a factory in Thailand and the major differences between the two as far as I could tell was price and customer service and Avenger won out easier in both areas.

I did have my problems with Avenger but atleast they weren't rude and ignorant when it came to customer service and they can pretty much get whatever Caddy had listed as far as canopies go.

Latest posts

Back