Capa Performance products tuning chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saitek

Reaction score
Hey i noticed that Capa performance have VP44 pump tuning box/chips or what ever you want to call them for 295+10 shipping they don't say they suit the Navara but do say they fit the patrol so i am assuming these would work on our cars as well then.

Can people comment on dealings with Capa performance, Patrol chips working on D22 ZD30's and what the tuning box looks like( Does it look like someone else's re branded box?). This seems like a really good price and couldn't find on a search anyone saying they had seen this deal on the forum.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CAPA-Diesel-Tuner-for-VP44-Pump-Diesel-Vehicles-/160649086605?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25676e868d&_uhb=1

Josh

Sent an email to their sales and support as I would also be interested in this, USB plug and play is a bonus, sounds very user friendly.

Yeah if they suit could be on to a real winner, Found them this morning when i was looking for mods for the VP44 fuel pump, of which i also found some guys in the US that manually adjust the timing of the pump which i thought would be pretty cool as well and may need to find someone here in Aus that does this and get a quote on doing it to put against a chip for a cost comparison.

i know Capa perfoermace products are evry good, had a Capa super charger in my mates Ls1 Statesman drift machine and was faultless, especially with the hammering we gave it.
Ill be watching this closely as soonish ill be wanting one and if they are priced like this sooner could be closer then i think. ;)

These are the closest engines they list:

Navarra 2.5 dCi - 171 HP - DPF 462 Pressure Valve Required.
Navarra 2.5 dCi - 174 HP
Navarra 2.5 DI - 133 HP
Pathfinder 2.5 dCi - 171 HP - DPF
Pathfinder 2.5 dCi - 174 HP

i would imagine that if you asked you would probably find they could do the 3.0ltr navarra as well

Last edited:
I was thinking that this version should be right for our application as i don't think there is a major difference between a patrol and a Nav Vp44
Patrol GR 3.0 DI - 158 HP

Ok so they got back to me and said they should be 100% compatible with the d22 vp44 pump so pretty cheap chip really. I can't wait for my chrissy bonus so I can get one.

Did anyone buy one of these? Still awaiting any feedback from you guys?! How much can you customise using the USB function?

Ok so i finally purchased one a week and a bit ago and installed it last friday. After a little bit of playing around with the settings i have settled on a tune that im pretty happy to run with. Doesnt blow much smoke if any and pulls like a truck. of course this was just my feeling at the time i installed it and played around with it.

We were quiet at work on monday afternoon so i chucked the nav on the dyno for a back to back comparison and to confirm the power increase and that the truck was still putting out the power figures it was a couple of years a go when i had it on the dyno.

So Results are pretty pleasing really started with no chip and results are 70 ish horse power at 2300 rev and after 94 same revs, no ship max 104 at 3800 and with 121 at 3700. so good increase especially down low with 10 horse power less the previous max at allmost half the engine speed. But the torque figure woah max no chip at 205 NM and after 285 NM what a difference!

The only down side i haven't got out of it yet is that it holds the revs a bit on low speed changes like 1st-2nd 1500 rpm revs hold for 3 seconds after coming off accelerator may have a bit much fuel and be running on but not sure and haven't had a chance to check it on the dyno again yet. Capa have been somewhat helpful however the staff member that actually dealt with these products has left them now so support is some what limited. I managed to figure out the soft ware pretty quickly but it is a bit limited in what you can change there is 8 load points and a couple other adjustments that can be made. Wiring i was a little disapointed that it is only a three wire chip so it is on all the time and not just when boost or pedal position dictates it but alas it works pretty well. Another thing is it definatly needs a setting change straight out of the box as it was basically back firing the second you touched the accelerator at higher then 1000rpm and as if the car was running anti lag when you backed off the accelereator as well(Kinda cool sounding but probably not so good on a daily).

So i hope this covers most of it and next time i can dyno it i may try from down lower in the rev range and play with the boost controller some more and air fuel ratio got to 18:1 so still more room for a little more fuel but considering stock it only got to 22:1 i was happy with that.

Attachments

• Nav Dyno Sheet small.pdf
    82.6 KB · Views: 71
Cheers for that saitek. I am getting in contact with the local guy who does tuning before I go out and soend the coin on a tuning chip to see what he recommends

Hey Saitek, can you confirm that the tuner box comes with the software or did you download it from somewhere? I just bought one of these, so gonna have a play around with it over the next couple of weeks... And does it plug into the loom on the back of the pump, or do you have to wire it in? Also, i don't have anything to measure the mixtures with, but do have an EGT mounted on the ute already. As long as everything stays normalish on the EGT then it should be sweet??? Thanks for the writeup too.

Hi saitek, how did you change the settings did you purchase the usb
Programmer or did you use a laptop. I dont have an egt gauge
Would you recommend one before install my chip? Any other
Help would be great .

Thanks Russ

Ok so if you call them and buy the programmer module aswell (a further 295) you can adjust the settings they originally the are from essing performance you could try them aswell. The wire in to the pump on the top most wire closest to the guard from the control module on top of the pump to the distributor on the back. I haven't checked my temps with an Egr probe yet but I have checked air fuel ratios I would recommend one or the other to tune it or just use low numbers in the settings like 2 or 3 a cross the range. Also if you had the software and the right cable and adaptee you wouldn't need to spend the three hundred on the tuner module

How did you change the settings mate? You talk about setting it on the 2nd or 3rd setting but how did you change it??

Yes correct I purchased the programmer module as the unit itself is sealed and has no settings on it. The unit then has a bunch of tuning settings that can be modified.

Thanks for the help mate. Capa sent a message back today saying $295 for the module as well. Might throw it on as it comes, then if i wanna tune later, grab the module then.

The're is 8 load points and a range of delays and such that are changeable with the module that tunes them. And as stated in the original post would definitely recommend the tuning module straight up as they are tuned for patrols not navaras and the tune is pretty aggressive. Might be okay for people with bigger then stock turbos.

One last question Saitek, do you know what colour wire. I've had a look at the connector above the pump, and it has 5 wires i think. Red, Black, Purple, Yellow and something else. Did you tap in near this connector, or directly on to the loom at the pump?

The four wires at the back of the pump not any of the wores in the loom to the pump. Out of the four wires the wire closest to the top of the motor and the drivers side.

Latest posts

Back