Chequerplate Numberplate Holder

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
HI HI, i have been in contact with a guy in victoria who had a checkerplate cover on his D22 and had sold the car so he had the cover spare and was selling it. as i couldnt get it to me in Brisbane i asked him if he could take a few measurement for me so i could fab one up for my D22(09 model). not knowing what year model he had until the drawings got emailed to me i worked out he had a 97ish-08 model vehicle with the shorter rear tub that had the lump thing on the tailgate.

So i took the privelege of giving them to you guys for your use. i am still gonna get one made up for my 09 model and see what else needs to be done to make it fit the longer tub. so here is the design and a few pictures he sent

scan0001.jpg

KGrHqYOKigE5dlnyF-VBOjoohBPyg60_12.jpg

KGrHqUOKo4E5ZiZmkDwBOjooh2E3w60_12.jpg

KGrHqMOKisE5db1CYvrBOjoolF-g60_12.jpg

please do make use of these and get them made up to your liking. i was gonna see what $$$ it would be to get a bulk lot made up from a full alloy sheet of 3000x1200 but i dont think i will bother.

Rusty

little different from the one i just made up. don't forget to put the hole to lower your spare through or you'll be taking it off to get your spare down. Also your number plate will hang below that plate if thats what you want or just keep the centre area unfolded. I've had mine painted now and i reckon it looks great, looks better without that huge chrome arse bumper.

Yeh Al I'm not sure how it sits it was just a plan I got. I dont really see why the number plate wouldn't sit in the middle of it. There is enough room for it. Guess ill work it out once I get one fabbed myself

pic to show the centre unfolded, both sides of bottom are angled back but i didn't fold the numberplate area. Also rusty the width i used was 1388 and that was a tight fit, but thats an easy check while your cutting it out.

Last edited:
I had one made up a while ago and cost $70. It didn't have the top lip on it but he did a beaut job of rolling the fold to match the fitting flange.
Just had to drill my own holes, think it was 5 or 7mm alloy.

Latest posts

Back