Chip & exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulD22

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering what chip everyone is running? I'm looking at steinbauer or too systems. Apparently a stein doesn't run at it's full potential with an aftermarket exhaust?

Chips are designed to run at best with an exhaust. I saw this question on the aussie 4wds page. If your doing a chip you are better of getting an exhaust done. For a d22 i wiuld recommend a branded chip and a beau 2.75" exhaust.

I am running a ChipIt Chip and beau system and have had great gains. Ive also upped boost to 19psi and changed the intercooler to a fully welded item with thicker core.

Whoever told you chips dont run properly with exhaust is talking shit and i wiuld suggest going else where. Beaudesert exhaust use steinbaurer chips as a package direct from them and also tune it for best results.

Rusty

Paul just to add to rusty's good advice the steinbauer is considered to be the safest as it ups the injector timing to provide more fuel but it will produce less h/p than the pressure chip will deliver but i have 50k up and i think rusty has as well whilst he has more weight his setup is almost identical to mine the difference from stock with the beau system would shock you once you do the egr up the boost and tune it PROPERLY you will love it i sit on 159hp atw now stock was 87hp with 2.1t weight and standard tyres it roars along hope this helps mate.
John

lol air fuel ratio on chip exhaust setup and boost whilst on dyno most are way out and lose grunt and economy depends on the filter snorkle ect tuner tells me airtec tjm and the cheap ones are very restrictive compared to the Safari and harder to tune what would i know surely that smaller pipe and ram will make no change???

I had a chip it chip first for a while and just added the beau desert exhaust and to be honest there is no extra power or oomph with the exhaust.

If I had my time again I would have just left the chip without an exhaust.

Kinda going to leave this post mate you carn't just bolt performance parts on with no experience bit by bit on and be disappointed when the $ you spent have not worked out. Someone that does it for a living will cost a small bit more a beau exhaust will add about 20hp to a standard 2.5 surely you felt that not to mention the earlier spool up combined a well matched chip and boost corrected and tune and egr you have a much more drivable car mine was done bit by bit as added and adjusted by the tuner so i know what i achieved as i got the bits that he suggested after doing 1000's of navaras as i am not the expert i will let you have a good search of previous threads.
Kind Regards
John

Chip it Mk1, Manta 3" S/Steel exhaust, Manual boost controller wound all the way up (only getting 14 psi though......), k&n filter, W2A intercooler. dyno'd the other day and got 144Hp on 33's and 4.88 diff gears.

I need a bigger turbo and a Mk3 chip

I had a chip it chip first for a while and just added the beau desert exhaust and to be honest there is no extra power or oomph with the exhaust.

If I had my time again I would have just left the chip without an exhaust.

My experience was the same as this and also would not waste money on an aftermarket exhaust.

I think what people largely experience is a placebo effect.

Kinda going to leave this post mate you carn't just bolt performance parts on with no experience bit by bit on and be disappointed when the $ you spent have not worked out. Someone that does it for a living will cost a small bit more a beau exhaust will add about 20hp to a standard 2.5 surely you felt that not to mention the earlier spool up combined a well matched chip and boost corrected and tune and egr you have a much more drivable car mine was done bit by bit as added and adjusted by the tuner so i know what i achieved as i got the bits that he suggested after doing 1000's of navaras as i am not the expert i will let you have a good search of previous threads.
Kind Regards
John

Just going off first hand experience bud which is what people want.

I would add a chip every time to a turbo diesel because it made the d22 much more pokier but I would advise other things for ~$1000 instead of an exhaust.

Latest posts

Back