Chip express chip questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maldog8

Reaction score
Hey guys
I have just brought a chip express chip for my zd30 Nissan navara just wondering if any of you who run this chip have upped ur boost to match the extra fuel being pumped I'm by the chip ?? If so what setting are you using and how much boost also have any of you had any problem with
These chips like having the engine light come on ?? Also I here these are the same as a dp chip is this true ??

Cheers Dave

I own a DP chip, ive increased my boost whilst increasing the chips preset tune. Defiantly noticed a better response time for take off. But you do need to get rid of the stock exhaust its too small and will hinder what the chip is trying to do.

About 2 years now Ive been running my DP chip about 2 pins from Max tune with 20psi boost. Got a 3" Tiapan Exhaust, added a fan to the intercooler. And ive recently installed an oil cooler.

However i have a YD25 engine so your results may differ, you might not be able to achieve that much boost. There is a limit to how much fuel you can throw into the engine. What i did was tune it up pin by pin. Drive it down the road (empty if you can) and test the vehicle at different tunes. You might get to a level where the fuel mix is too high and you loose performance, this is where you tune the boost. Take it up by 1PSI at a time until performance is back. If you think/find your setting the boost to high drop the chip tune down.

I'd also invest in a EGT Probe before you start messing with the boost. EGT (Exhaust Gas Temp) temps can get very high. I went on a test track to properly test my 4x4, i noticed that at 160km/h my EGTs do a runner and start climbing fast. Lucky i have a EGT gauge with an alarm and as soon as the temp hit 600c i knew to slow down.
Normal Highway driving they sit at 300c.
Overtaking on highway 350c - Uphill overtaking on Highway ~450c max
4x4 they hardly budge above 250c.

Cheers mate I have a 3 inch exhaust catch can and egr block egt and boost gauges just need an intercooler I don't want to turn boost up until I have and intercooler incase the turbo impeller decides to brake a go through my engine but I've been told these chips come
On setting 5 my nav is on about 13psi standard since the exhaust so for that setting if probly go to 15psi maby 17 for the next ?? How will you know when you have to much boost/ to the chip setting ?? Egt ???

How'd it go mate have you hand any problems since the chip do you run an intercooler ??

no problems so far, touch wood. No intercooler as yet, but planning on getting one. mines an 04, apparently the turbos on them hold together.

That's good news lol didn't know if to buy a big brand name or give this a shot

not a bad idea to get a guage to keep an eye on egt temps though, but if you dont crank it up too far past the setting it comes with it should be pretty safe. Raising the boost helps keep egt's civil too.

I have had one on my 03 for 10000ks...Left it on the setting it came with,just plugged it in and that's it...I have installed an EGT gauge and change gears or back off when it gets 700 but so far i have had no drama's...My ute has done 200000 ks and did a turbo at 140000....I am tossing up whether to put an intercooler on it and keep it or upgrade to a landy...Iv'e had it since new...

Latest posts

Back