ChipIt chips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok well this is an old thread that im just adding to.

i have been hunting chipit chips for a while now and ive finally been given the go ahead by the finance minister to get one.

about a month ago i rang suncoast exhaust and got a rough quote of $1500 for chipit chip fittted and $270 for new dump pipe and cat installed to get rid of the stock shithouse cat.

i rang last wednesday to say i would like to go ahead and he said he was busy and he will have to call me back with prices etc. no phone call till i rang back today. yes ok they ahve probably been busy now its getting into summer etc. they want $1700 for chip installed and $400 for the dump and cat installed.

a lil bit of a price difference campared to last quote i got. i was keen to pay the $1800 but now its $2100 im a lil hesitant that it may not be worth that much and am i better off just getting a chipit chip sent to me and installin myself and just getting them to change the dump out?

im lil confused as to why it was a large $ margin jump and its sorted pushed me away from getting one now.

cheers
Rusty

Rusty

Just buy the chip and install yourself.
buy the dump pipe and get that installed. (do this part first and get them to drill and tap it for the egt probe.)
Once you have the thread in the exhaust then the rest is really just plug and play.
Bryce

are they easy to install? also does the 5year warranty still stand on self installation?

sometimes im hesitant to install stuff but once i get into it im fine :S. i just dont wanna stuff it up lol.

Rusty
As far as i am aware the chip it chip is just unplug a few things and then plug the chip in. cable tie up all the chip wiring screw egt sensor into exhaust. As for warranty i cant see y it wouldnt still stand but when ordering on the phone wouldnt hurt to double check.
I would say that if you can install your own cd player then you can install a chip.

I've heard from someone I'm not sure where but the chipit chip has a MAP sensor plug that piggy backs the existing sensor so it can get air flow readings. Is this correct? Should I stop worrying as everything will be in the kit?

Should I also get the boost controller or any other gear with it? I will be ordering one last week of october.

The Chipit does not run the MAP interception on the D22 CRD. That is why people fit the manual boost controller to increase overall boost.

I have been running the Chipit and EGR Block with a standard exhaust on my D22 and it hauls along. I did run an atomic boost controller for a while with the rail mod but I pulled it back off along with the rail mod.

The Chipit and EGR block alone run well on the D22 and make it driveable.

The Chipit does not run the MAP interception on the D22 CRD. That is why people fit the manual boost controller to increase overall boost.

I have been running the Chipit and EGR Block with a standard exhaust on my D22 and it hauls along. I did run an atomic boost controller for a while with the rail mod but I pulled it back off along with the rail mod.

The Chipit and EGR block alone run well on the D22 and make it driveable.

mate thanks for the reply. did you install the chip yourself? if so what tune/s did you choose. i only every hear of people selecting one tune but the kit im getting has the dual map switch in it so you can switch on the fly. was hoping for a 4wding/towing tune and a street tune.

Alright an old thread to bump up as I may need some info for exhaust guys on Monday. I have a chipit chip coming and it had the EGT probe and gauge coming in it. Now I have a new dump pipe being installed to take the gauge and I need to know the thread size etc for the probe to screw into so I can inform the exhaist mob.

Thanks

Rusty

Are you installing the EGT probe in the dump pipe AFTER the turbo?

The turbo can take between 100 and 250 degrees celsius out of the exhaust temp, so your gauge is only going to give you a vague idea of what temps the motor is generating.

Installing the probe in the exhaust manifold just before the turbocharger would give you the most accurate reading. It also gets quite scary.

Are you installing the EGT probe in the dump pipe AFTER the turbo?

The turbo can take between 100 and 250 degrees celsius out of the exhaust temp, so your gauge is only going to give you a vague idea of what temps the motor is generating.

Installing the probe in the exhaust manifold just before the turbocharger would give you the most accurate reading. It also gets quite scary.

thanks tony.

im putting it in the dump pipe. if it constantly reads the same tempertaure then i know the engine/manifold temps arent changing. as leprechaun said about repeatability, its all im after.

thanks
Rusty

Rusty, some pics of the s/s sockets I welded into some extractors

Picture565-1.jpg

Picture564.jpg

Yeah mine was npt. Altho there's bugger all difference in bsp and npt up to about 1" 1/2

Latest posts

Back