cig lighter plug and hand held spotlight

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old bear

Reaction score
I have a lightforce 170 (100w) hand held spotlight and want to know if it is safe to run off the standard cig lighter plug, or should i run thicker wire direct from battery? When out getting a few rabbits the light could be on for hours at a time and i don't want to burn anything out.

old bear said:
I have a lightforce 170 (100w) hand held spotlight and want to know if it is safe to run off the standard cig lighter plug, or should i run thicker wire direct from battery? When out getting a few rabbits the light could be on for hours at a time and i don't want to burn anything out.

It'll be fine that light will only draw around 8 amps
Or so. It runs. 15 amp fuse through there and the light itself should have its own 10 amp glass fuse. Nothing to worry bout mate

ive got a lightforece 240 and a mate has a 170 and no probs with either being on for hours

where do you get the hand held spotties from? i've got half an HID kit (other one broke) that i'd be keen on retro fitting into a hand held spottie.

ive got a lightforece 240 and a mate has a 170 and no probs with either being on for hours

Cheers mate, thanks for the feedback. In my old hi-lux i had it wired direct to a second battery. Just wanted to make sure i wasn't going to fry anything in the new nav.

Latest posts

Back