Cigarette Lighter Won't Work - Fuse is OK

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D40boy

Reaction score
Hi all, I was attempting to DIY this afternoon. I bought a double in-dash USB plus for my D40 and so my plan was to remove the plugs from the cigarette lighter and delete it, and use them to power my USB plug instead. All was going fine till I accidentally made contact with a screwdriver on one of the terminals behind the lighter. There was a spark.

After that, the cigarette lighter no longer worked. Suspecting the fuse, I checked it and to my suprise it was fine. I checked all the fuses and none of them were blown. I replaced the fuse with a fresh one just in case but still no joy. I used a current pen and tested the spade connectors that plugged into the cigarette lighter and no light.

I'm at a loss. Everything else works fine, but seems to be no power coming down those wires. The circuit has been cut somewhere, but I'm damned if I can find where. (I have also checked all the fuses in the black box under the hood, all fine)

Hoping someone can help me work this one out??

What fuse numbers did you change? By the looks of the manual it should be number 7 if you have changed that one have a look at number 5 also.

cheers

698c4627bb33c14954d26f6d2ad47781.jpg

I changed the one labelled cigar lighter.

what fuse box under the bonnet? drivers side or passenger side. theres a fuse in the drivers side one for them

Try the power socket one also....
There is also the potential for a fuse to be blown in the fuse box on the passenger side under the bonnet

Last edited:
Back