CLUNK and loss of front drive

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might be onto sonething Navmania. I packed a decent amount in there. Will pull a heap out and see how we go. Thanks!

Hope that's all it is mate. Just needs a light surface coat on all surfaces in the hub area. I have done that myself once. I even found once after a wheel bearing re pack that when I did the retaining nut back up I couldn't get it to the same position as before. So I took it for a drive then checked again and it was loose and I could get that extra turn I needed. It was just a hydraulic lock from the grease behind the bearing.

Finally managed to get a look at this. My alternator and a few ither bits shat itself so they were in the priority list.

Anyway. Wasn't an extreme amount of grease in them so I don't think that was the issue. Cleaned everything out and got a proper look at at the teeth. Definitely evidence of slipping on the passenger side. It was also jamming and not engaging perfectly straight. Lots more free play than the drivers side.

So a new set of hubs and it should be sorted!

Funny i had exactly the same problem with my old isuzu. Never did find out what it was. It was rolled so bought a Nav :)

Back