Cold start rattle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SharpyNav

Reaction score
has anyone had this issue before? Ive taken it to Nissan 4 times now and their fix has been to spray some lube on the drive belts. It only does it on a cold start-up on cold mornings and lasts 30sec to 2 min.

It has been going on for about 6 months now and nissan still wont do anything.

The car is a 2013 D22 Navara, still under new car warranty.

https://youtu.be/VSSFx86lfYo

that doesn,t sound very nice atall, it could be something simple or it could be something serious like the chain or guide etc . i would definetly take it back to the nissan dealer and tell him to listen with his bloody ears and fix this issue before the whole engine fails. mechanics do use whats called a [ stethoscope ] just like the doctor uses , this unit will pick up the near exact location of this noise. warranty means warranty = there fix.

its been to 3 dealers so far, but this is the first one that has actually heard the noise. it will be going back again tomorrow and they can keep it for as long as it takes this time.

Its just ticked over 65k kms. Ive had it from new and its been serviced every 10k by Nissan and a oil and filter change every other 5k by me.

i would start by talking te front timing cover out and checking how far is the tensioner sticking out.

He could indeed inspect this, however it would give Nissan another avenue to reject a claim due to the fact he has had the cover off. Hopefully if they have if for a few day's and can start it at various intervals they should agree it is more than just belts.

Latest posts

Back