Condamine Gorge "14 River Crossing"

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After lunch headed into Killarney to drive through the gorge from south to north. The water wasn't that deep, there were a couple that covered the side steps.

IMG_4382Large.jpg

IMG_4389Large.jpg

IMG_4393Large.jpg

IMG_4401Large.jpg

It looks like a nice spot!

I have been wanting to head to Queen Mary falls for a while now, we will have to organise another run down there soon.

Cool mate, QMF is only about 10 mins from the start of the gorge so makes sense to tie them in together.

Ha ha, nah it was a different one.

There were a couple of spots you could go for a swim, the water was great.

Nothing worse than a wet thong mate :p

Great pics and report Jason:top:looks like a great place for some touring.
Can you camp there?

You could do it with a van easy Tony.

You can't camp along the gorge as it's private property, but there i sa nice looking caravan/camping park opposite Queen Mary Falls.

I found Queen Mary Falls Caravan Park website, very reasonable prices and they're pet friendly if it's not a long weekend which is handy since we don't really go anywhere without our Bichon.

It's quite a hike from Newcastle, so we'd be looking at a whole day just to get up there, a day or two to explore, and a day to return - so really, we're looking at a week off for that.

Can't do that at the moment, some crucial (read mega $$ worth) work happening over the next couple of months, but this one's definitely on the cards for a winter trip.

i'm thinking hard about going this saturday. should be a bit of fun after all the rain..prolly even go for a spin in the logan village pine forest after if i don't get the fix. i'll throw fotios up if i go.

but this one's definitely on the cards for a winter trip.

Heh Heh, pack your woolly thermals Tony, Queen Mary Falls in middle of winter is bone chilling. But it is a fantastic spot, good camp ground too.

I'll have to do that run next time Jason, looks like a perfect days outing. :victory:

Hoo Roo

Heh Heh, pack your woolly thermals Tony, Queen Mary Falls in middle of winter is bone chilling. But it is a fantastic spot, good camp ground too.

Cold I can handle. It's the heat that takes it out of me, gotta run the ruddy genny to keep the aircon going and that's a drag - I prefer the quiet. Even though the Honda Eu20si is the second quietest genny on the market (52dB compared to the Honda Eu30's 51dB) the sound is still there and still annoys.

Just gotta figure how to get our tails up there, given time and work constraints.

I agree 100% with you there. I can't stand the heat of summer, give me nice cool/cold driving camping weather anytime.

That might be why we are going to Fraser Island in June, nice and cool hopefully, :big_smile:

went out there today.. didn't even attempt the 1st crossing. the water was up to ya nuts...very nice drive though, going to head out there in a couple of weeks. once the water goes down

Latest posts

Back