Considering a Patrol :|

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fuel consumption isnt the greatest on the patrols but shouldnt have a problem with breakages. unsure of the fuel figures but maybe speak to leprechaun or check out the patrol4x4 forum for more info

ONLOCK said:
unfortunatly not much with the torsion bar setup, but if you get urself some upper control arms they will improve the flex allot. next would be to add a lokka to give allot more drive from the front end

Yeh bodylift and ucas/rear drop shackles will go on after rego in December.
Lokka will go in after tyres.

fuel consumption isnt the greatest on the patrols but shouldnt have a problem with breakages. unsure of the fuel figures but maybe speak to leprechaun or check out the patrol4x4 forum for more info

been reading the patrol forum like crazy lol cheers

Yeh bodylift and ucas/rear drop shackles will go on after rego in December.
Lokka will go in after tyres.

with a setup like that, the only thing a patrol will have over you is flex in extreme 4x4 situations and a better ride offroad, its amazing how much smoother they are offroad compared to navara's at the same speed

ONLOCK said:
with a setup like that, the only thing a patrol will have over you is flex in extreme 4x4 situations and a better ride offroad, its amazing how much smoother they are offroad compared to navara's at the same speed

The smoothness is what I've fallen in love with. I gave back the patrol today. And it's not right.
I missed the Nav. I prefer the way the Nav drives on road. Atleast the motor and transmission. I would go an auto ZD30 patrol. But no chance with the manual.
Maybe a sas setup is what I really want..
Buy a shitbox to drove whole
The Nav gets built. I'm such a picky person and I get hung up on making things better and better.
Maybe the ucas and bl will suffice. Time
Will tell :big_smile:

Bazz said:
haha sorry man!!!!! least you get some xtra info too :D

what year patrol would you get?

Haha all good :)

06 or newer. Refuse to go
Anything older. Even standard it just flexes so great. Maybe 4WD craption would feature the troll and I could
Complain saying I miss the Nav haha.
And give shout outs to the forum.

im guessing your planning on going upto 33" tyres? otherwise there really isnt a need for the body lift, you will also loose your onroad handling with a sas setup, its not quite the same afterwards

ONLOCK said:
im guessing your planning on going upto 33" tyres? otherwise there really isnt a need for the body lift, you will also loose your onroad handling with a sas setup, its not quite the same afterwards

Yeah 33"s. That's what I'm worried about. I know the Nav would never be right again.
I think it would be a waste unless I was going as serious as joshy

Haha all good :)

06 or newer. Refuse to go
Anything older. Even standard it just flexes so great. Maybe 4WD craption would feature the troll and I could
Complain saying I miss the Nav haha.
And give shout outs to the forum.

haha nice, yeah some good deals on them at that age, im liking the dx models seem more simple.

yeah they are really good standard a 2inch lift would be all you need then maybe some lockers later if your doing more serious things

2-4incj lift. 33"s front locker. Dx or st. That would be all. Besides body protextion

2-4incj lift. 33"s front locker. Dx or st. That would be all. Besides body protextion

yeah sounds like a solid vehicle im looking at them myself more i think about it the more i want to do it!!!

:cheers!:

Yeah 33"s. That's what I'm worried about. I know the Nav would never be right again.
I think it would be a waste unless I was going as serious as joshy

or you could do what iv done and buy yourself a gq patrol as a toy car and keep the navara as a tourer.

Bazz said:
yeah sounds like a solid vehicle im looking at them myself more i think about it the more i want to do it!!!

:cheers!:

After jumping back in the Nav. I think I'd rarer drop 10k into the Nav. :).

ONLOCK said:
or you could do what iv done and buy yourself a gq patrol as a toy car and keep the navara as a tourer.

Oh my toy car will be my Suzuki Sierra/Stockman. Long time side project :)

I've actually considered a sas. It's only going to cost about 8k if I could find a dana44 diff.
Everything else is fairly easy. Not THAT much to it. I wonder how much it would change the driving dynamic of the car.
I would leave the leaf rear and just get reset springs with a soft spring rate. But then it would be useless for carrying loads.
I honestly wonder how much I can get out of this Ifs setup.

Dont bother with the Dana 44.

You will never get a matching ratio.

GQ front diff, rear half of a RD28 or RB30S gearbox onto the front half of your ZD30 gearbox and you get to use the GQ transfer case.

Option 2 is to use a GU ZD30 gearbox as like Josh did. But you'll need a bodylift to clear the body from memory.

Dave said:
Dont bother with the Dana 44.

You will never get a matching ratio.

GQ front diff, rear half of a RD28 or RB30S gearbox onto the front half of your ZD30 gearbox and you get to use the GQ transfer case.

Option 2 is to use a GU ZD30 gearbox as like Josh did. But you'll need a bodylift to clear the body from memory.

Body lift isn't an issue. Gu ZD30 bolts straight on? I'll have to start reading through Joshys thread. Too many pages though :)

From memory Josh had to drill 2 new bolt holes for the GU box and had to bolt a extra bracket on to support the lower half of the gearbox where it bolts to the engine.

Back