crank sensor problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

les barker

Reaction score
well its taken 3yrs involving many months at Nissan Dealers countless hours of stress and frustration and it took a bush bloke like me to finally diagnose where the fault was that countless Nissan techs could not. all this while its still under warranty. Took to an auto electrician 2 hours later faulty plug replaced in wiring harness and now running like new it makes you wounder about these so called dealer techs.

good news mate. yes the so called Tech Mechanics only seem to go by whats in there book, they will try a new part and try another and another and so on until maybe one day they find the fault. with all the electronic equipment they have at Nissan you would think it would be quite easy to fing a simple fault like you had. bag connection diognostic tool maybe / ha ha.
another example of there great tech service; D23 member has a new D-23 and it has a very bad vibration at the 100 odd K mark, the techs just can not figure out where the vibration is coming from. they did spend some time changing over the wheels to see if that was the problem but no luck for them, how would you feel if you had a new $60,000 car with this problem and NISSAN will not fix it for him. shame on these guys. sorry about the love story les.

Hey mate what was the path you went down with your crank angle sensor issue. I currently have one for my 2016 D23 TT model.

New sensor cleared the code with the car off , I disconnected and reconnected the battery a couple of times and ran scan tool each time no code , so I hooked everything back up started car was a dog to start and code came back up.

Harness issue?

Hey mate what was the path you went down with your crank angle sensor issue. I currently have one for my 2016 D23 TT model.

New sensor cleared the code with the car off , I disconnected and reconnected the battery a couple of times and ran scan tool each time no code , so I hooked everything back up started car was a dog to start and code came back up.

Harness issue?
pay to start a new thread on it and in the D23 section.
what code is it showing?

it could be plug/harness or external interference. sometimes an earthing issue.

OK, what you probably have is a harness issue.

I've posted about this before, but here goes; I had a very similar issue to yours. Mine was an absolute nightmare to chase up. In the end, mine was a loose pin in the male side of the plug where the Crankshaft angle sensor plugs into the loom.

But yours could be completely different.

Check everything & do it slowly.

Any frayed wires, anywhere where it touches the exhaust manifold & melts, any corrosion, just keep an open mind............................

Good luck with it!

Back