cruise control has a mind of it's own ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go. Here is the Ebay cruise control Switch purchase and installation. Supplier of cruise was from Thailand (ebay)$320. All care but no responsibility taken. It worked for me though.
Firstly, Remove Air bag fuse, disconnect Battery, then wait 10mins before you go any further, to ensure the airbag power is fully dead
Secondly, You need to Remove the airbag. This is really easy but you need to follow these destructions closely. When looking at the shape of the hole in the steering wheel shroud it is deceiving. Ie the direction the hole is guiding you to push the wire is wrong. There are wires in there that you don’t want to pierce. So follow as below
SRS Air Bag Wire Latch - The Navara Forum Gallery

The easiest way is to orientate the steering wheel 1/4 of a turn anti clockwise so the hole is visible when standing at the drivers side. You can see the wire (its about as thick as a coat hanger wire). Now push the wire carefully towards the passenger side door. You may need to jiggle it a bit but the airbag has a couple of springs on it that should just allow it to pop out.
Air Bag Removal - The Navara Forum Gallery

Once the airbag has popped out it has a couple of wires on it. I did not remove the wires fully as the clip look technical. Only the horn wire.
You can now access all you need to for the installation of your cruise components sent from Thailand.
The only thing to do now is to correct the wiring in the switches so as that the cruise works.
Cruise Wiring Clip - The Navara Forum Gallery

Grab the components sent from Thailand. Just unclip the wiring clip on top of socket and by hand carefully pull the wires out of the harness clip. Rearrange them as shown in the picture. The yellow red and black are the crucial ones. (Note although the switches are there for the radio and phone I could not rearrange the wires to get them to work – I don’t even know If my radio is wired up for it.)
Wire Harness - The Navara Forum Gallery

Now you need to install the brake and clutch switches. I did not have a clutch switch as mine is a manual but I assume it would install the same as the brake. The wires and clips are already there. Find the wire – it was clipped along side the current brake light sensor. Just locate the spare hole. Push the switches down until the button on the switch is fully depressed and then turn it clockwise until it clicks
Brake Switch - The Navara Forum Gallery
Brake Switch - The Navara Forum Gallery

You are done. Reassemble everything. See if it works. Then have a beer because you just saved yourself about $600 on a universal cruise ute.:cheers!:

Belly760 thanks for the instructions, great work. :rock:

Just a few questions though.

It seems the switch is wired up for a current Thai build unit and needs the wires rearranged for the Spanish built trucks like yours and mine.

Did the kit come with the Brake and Clutch switches?

When you say "I did not have a clutch switch as mine is a manual but I assume it would install the same as the brake." what exactly do you mean.

I assume if you have a manual you should install both the brake and clutch switches, is that right.

Now how are we going to get these audio controls sorted out.

Mkinrew

As the title says my cruise control seems to have a mind of it's own and only works sometimes, eg: if i select cruise then set it it may or may not work, if it does thats all good until i have to slow down, then if i go to set it again once up to speed again it may or not work, other days it will work no problems, there is no pattern to when it plays up so i have no idea what it could be. It is realy frustrating because very time i go to Nissan it seems to work so they can't bring up any fault codes, so my question is has anyone else had this problem and if so any ideas what it could be?

thanks Justin
check switch on clutch pedal.this has a piont on the end.puch in the clutch pedal & rotate the rubber stopper.the point on the switch digs into the rubber stopper & stops the swich closing.

Dave
The ebay kit came with both the clutch and brake switch. As my ute is an auto (sorry about earlier Posting) i did not require the clutch switch. If it is anything like the brake switch it shouldn’t be to hard to install.
Here is the irony. My ute is a Thai built ute. The kit came from Thailand. BUT for some reason the wiring loom has miss matched wiring. (It took about two mins to fix once I established what was wrong.)
As for the radio controls. I have had no luck. I have three wires that go to these controls. I tried multiple combinations on sat arvo with no luck. To be honest. I don’t use them anyway so for me it is no great problem. It would be nice to get them going but I am not sure how much time I am going to spend trying to fix it. I might leave that one up to you.
Regards
Belly760

Had some issues, clutch switch has different plugs and will have to change then and install later, brake switch is in and all the rest.

Test drive only got the cruise light to come on and that's it, all other buttons do not work. This is with the wiring layout that belly760 provided.

Also tried as delivered and even the horn didn't work and cruise came on with one of the audio control buttons.

Can some members with cruise on 07/08 Spanish models check the wiring layout on their plug for me. The horn in yellow should be far right.

Attachments

• Cruise 001.jpg
    Cruise 001.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 162
  • Cruise 004.jpg
    Cruise 004.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 486
Here is the factory plug.

Cruise_003.jpg

This is the factory plug that was tucked away for the clutch pedal and you can see the switch above left.

Last edited:
Dave I did you try the unit with the original settings. It may have worked.

The wiring i set up as shown in my pics was because my unit operated as you discussed above on the original wiring setup. ie the cruise came on when one of the audio buttons was pressed. And the horn did not work.

After i changed the loom as discussed in my earlier post i manage to get the cruise and horn working but not the audio controls.

Yours may work on the original settings as it is a spanish model. Maybe?????

hope this helps

Dave I did you try the unit with the original settings. It may have worked.

The wiring i set up as shown in my pics was because my unit operated as you discussed above on the original wiring setup. ie the cruise came on when one of the audio buttons was pressed. And the horn did not work.

After i changed the loom as discussed in my earlier post i manage to get the cruise and horn working but not the audio controls.

Yours may work on the original settings as it is a spanish model. Maybe?????

hope this helps

As per my previous post, I tried the original settings as delivered and it did not work at all.

Also tried as delivered and even the horn didn't work and cruise came on with one of the audio control buttons.

Can some members with cruise on 07/08 Spanish models check the wiring layout on their plug for me. The horn in yellow should be far right.

Hoping a member on the forum has cruise and can tell me their layout for comparison but it appears no one has cruise. :suicide2::hmpf:

Thanks Tony, I will look at mine and give that a go.

Can you confirm the green wire on the far right leads to your horn. Mine is a yellow wire but it is on the far right position where your green one is.

I'm not taking mine off again just now, but at a guess that's right - there's only one wire heading to the horn, and several heading to the cruise switches.

The bloody manual says the wire should be brown, not green. Somebody fudged up.

And no, I didn't photoshop the bloody thing! :big_smile:

Had a bit more of a play around yesterday afternoon and checked all wires and switches.

Took it for a test drive and nearly fell off my seat when it worked.
Cruise light works of course but no set light.

Thanks all for your help. :rock:

As far I remember from other threads there is room for the set light in the dash panel but for some reason it doesn't work on Aussie utes.

hi i took my 6 cd stereo out than when i put it back in my scroll up or down button on the steering wheel stoped working anyone noe why?

Latest posts

Back