Cub Camper Customer Service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter

Reaction score
Cub Camper

Sorry for the long story in advanced but thought I would share my Cub Camper Customer Service Experience

I was lucky enough to buy a good 1998 cub spacematic camper trailer, but I was unlucky enough to have an incident for the timber floor come down on impact and split, so replaced the floor with a aluminium one from cub, never again will I deal with them! There customer service is appalling, nothing but negativity because of age it won't work they are different, it's to old etc.... had nothing but headache with them, when my repairer ordered the floor then told had to organise own freight from nsw to qld,it took about 4 weeks to make, ok thats alright, when cub told repairer it was ready repairer asked if they could let the freight company know cub reply was your floor you tell them, repairer told cub that it needs to 1 item for freight, cub replied no it's in 2 pieces (floor + roof rack) repairer said it would have to 1 or how was he suppose to join the floor would already have the vinyl on it so it can't be welded as vinyl would melt, can't rivet it as it would leave holes in it? Cub ok I talk to workshop so they join it, but then they loaded it onto a wooden pellet vinyl down without any protection or padding, when it arrived nails had worked up and scuffed new vinyl, the only good thing that come out of this is the floor was a perfect fit thanks to the repairer not cub, ok now time for the struts because we knew that this would take several adjustments we brought local, and was done dealing with cubs head office poor customer service I rang cub qld asking for average starting point for pressure, the first thing she asked was how old was it? I said 1998 model well she didn't want to know about it wasn't the slightest bit interested, when I said we got the struts local she said how would I know? You brought the local can't help you, I said you sell the camper can't you have a look at what's written on the side of the strut so we would have something to go off? She said NO, I told her that customer service was as bad as their head office in nsw and I would never recommend a cub camper to anyone because of their service.
So there it is my dealing with cub, they are suppose to quality built trailers but as soon as it gets a bit of age on it they don't want to know you. And I know some people will think different but that's my experience with cub and will never deal with them again, on the upside we have worked out the struts with out the help of cub and it is back on the road again ready for the cape in sept.

Last edited:
Back