Custom Drawer System

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CleverHippie

Reaction score
Hi everyone, long time reader, First time Navara Owner and First time Poster.

I have been reading allot on building your own storage drawers. As I am a tradie, I want a lot of storage.

I have Rendered these images in Auto CAD so people can provide feedback. Any advise would be appreciated.

I will be using 18mm Structural Ply wood and I will end up with 2 identical draws. 421mm (w) x 240mm (d) x 1383mm (l).

I was thinking of installing two shallower drawers in one side. One on top of the other.

I will provide pick during construction.

Attachments

• Ute Drawers (Rendered).JPG
    Ute Drawers (Rendered).JPG
    32 KB · Views: 243
  • Ute Drawers (Exploded).JPG
    Ute Drawers (Exploded).JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 263
Looks good. I put some hatches in the top panel in front of the wheel arch space so not to waste space. And I stopped my draws a couple of hundred millimeters short so I had some space for my wiring and air compressor etc. will be good to see it come together mate. And by the way Welcome to the forum.
Cheers, Brad.

Thanks for the reply and comments.

Aux Battery is going behind the Right Hand Wheel Arch. I will be putting in a hatch for it.

I think I will be putting water storage on the other side. A Bit of fibre glass and Bob's your uncle. Maybe.

I have just built my drawers similar to your plan. I went with 1mtr deep drawers so I have a 400mm x the width between the arches as a hatch for storage of jacks, compressor etc.
Enough storage room for plumbing tools in one drawer and cordless tools in the other.
The two open spaces either side of the drawers store power leads etc.
One of the best mods I have done so far, and the Dog loves to ride to work in there.

Welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing it all come together.
keep the pics coming.

Hi again,

I have started piecing it all together now. Sealed with White Primer. They will be black one day, bust finish the mechanical before decoration though.

I purchased 1321mm Long 180kg Slides from www.http://elraco.com.au/. They are in Adelaide so no stress or delay on Ebay and a great product. I also got the Folding T handles (Keyed Alike) from there too. Ray is a great guy to deal with and after ordering the gear on Friday, I received it Tuesday Morning.

He only had the Locking style in stock so I had to drill out the Locking system. Simply a 6mm Drill through the back of the rivets. Easy work. I think the Locking were even cheaper than the non locking. Must be demand based.

I still have to cut out the battery and inverter cover (Right Hand side) and make battery box to suit my giant AGM 120AH, and a water Bottle to suit the Left hand side, then I can carpet and trim with ally.

So far this has been rewarding and therapeutic. I have even had a few mates ask if I could design and build them a Custom system. At below 1/3 of the purchase price, I think I might have to make a side business to build them.

Hope you all enjoy.

Attachments

• 20140904_103703.jpg
    20140904_103703.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 299
  • 20140904_113003.jpg
    20140904_113003.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 276
  • 20140904_124927.jpg
    20140904_124927.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 285
  • 20140904_125502.jpg
    20140904_125502.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 289
Looks good! I've been wanting to have a crack at something like this myself. Can't understand how some of the drawer systems cost so much.

Back