Cut out 4th gear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subz123

Reaction score
Was driving yesterday in 4th gear cruising at 45klm bit of traffic i got a wired cut out lasted for less then a secound it felt the same when my zd30 nps switch had to be changed. It hasn't happend again use reackon its an 1 off thing my be bad fuel .

The D40 has a neutral switch just like the D22, but doesn't seem to be as prone to trouble. That doesn't mean it's perfect - I've seen at least one person with a bad NPS in a D40.

If it were bad fuel you'd have rough running, poor performance etc. You might have had an air bubble - if it gets hard to start in the morning (or refuses!) check the primer bulb, it should go quite firm in less then 5 squeezes. If it doesn't, you have a leak in the fuel line, most likely around the filter (most common place).

There's a chance it is the SCV, but usually that triggers a "safe mode" (without CEL) that needs to have the car turned off and on again to reset.

Another possibility - ECU earth, injector harness ... electrical connection woes are among the hardest to trace but the ECU earth in the D40 is a known trouble spot so look there first.

Thanks old tony the car hasn't done it since so gonna wait it out abit see what happens

Latest posts

Back