Cutting and drilling bull bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dooey281088

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a question that I am hoping someone can answer. I am interested in fitting a light bar to the front of the nav and was wondering if I could perhaps cut out the slotted section of the alloy bar below the number plate and put it there. My question is would it be illegal to cut and drill holes in the standard alloy bar or would it perhaps void the insurance should I have an accident.

I can't find any info searching the web on the TMR website so any help or opinions would be very much appreciated guys.

Cheers,

I can't see it being a problem what so ever mate and I doubt it would jeopardise your insurance
Thanks for the response mate. I have been sitting on it for a while and it just seems like the perfect place to mount a light bar. There is a perfect return on the bar that can be drilled into and bolt the light bar directly to, it just makes sense

People cut the alloy bars there to put fairleads in for winches (mounted on a steel frame behind the alloy bar). Have never heard of it being an issue.
I have never heard of any problems either. It was just a comment made by a bloke at work that has got me thinking. He was telling everyone that it would void the insurance to drill any holes other than the standard ones in the bull bar to install auxiliary lighting. This sounded a little bit off to me as quite often extra holes have to be drilled to accommodate different sized spotties.

uploadfromtaptalk1403754593840.jpg

Latest posts

Back