D21 drop shackles

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never seen em for sale. Bit of a waste of time anyway - the wheel will drop further but there's no load on it except the weight of the axle so it won't have much traction at all.

Hopefully some more people will rock up with ideas as well, but here's a few options -

Depending on what you do with your ute when you're on-road, loads you carry, what you tow etc, you could get a set of springs custom shaped for anywhere between 0-3" of lift depending on what you want, but with a really low spring rate, so they'll be really soft without the arse end sagging when empty... Of course if you carry loads then that's no good.

The $0 version of that is to replace the override leaves with spacers, I've trialed that before and it softens the rear end a lot but is shit for carrying loads. See the below image. I changed back because I carry loads.

BuildLog007_016.jpg

Depending on how committed you are, you can remove the rear shocks every time you go wheeling.

You can also remove the anti-sway bar from the front permanently.

A more extreme option is to weld in a Terrano five link coil rear end. That rear end flexes very well and the geometry has all the quality of a factory item. You need a chassis half cut like this one:
BuildLog009_004_Medium_.jpg

Similar to Dion. I replaced each overload spring with a "normal" spring from an old spring pack I found lying around. End result was about 1 1/2 inch lift and about 3 inches more flex with a little less carrying capacity.
As already discussed on this forum somewhere, you cant have flex and load carrying from the same leaf spring.

I also agree with Dion re the drop shackles. If there is no weight on the wheel touching the ground it may as well be hanging up in the air...

Back