D22 2.5l upgrades

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aus_Karlos

Reaction score
Hey guys im going to be doing an upgrade to the exhaust and turbo systems on my Navara soon (Tax refund time yay).
At the moment im just looking around for pricing and if its cheaper to buy the parts direct from manufacture and then send it to a garage to be fitted. Im not to keen on fitting it myself, although i do a limited service on my car from time-to-time.
Im going for a 3” Mandrel Bent TaipanXP Vortex system for the exhaust with a 200 cell catalytic converter, flex bellows, Gen 2 Vortex Muffler and rear resonator included. But as of yet im having a hard time finding a suitable turbo. Ive notice that when im really pushing the stock turbo on occasions it will leak oil.
Could anyone point me to a suitable turbo that will handle been at high pressures. I do a fair amount of off-roading, muddy rocky hill climbs are the best.
Also what Diesel chips do most of you go with? I have been looking at TuneIt! but there are a fair few to choose from.

Thanks guys

Ive notice that when im really pushing the stock turbo on occasions it will leak oil.
Could anyone point me to a suitable turbo that will handle been at high pressures.

That doesn't sound right. Not much point pissing your money away on a turbo upgrade on a CRD if you haven't even chipped it yet. Just sounds like you're either confusing the PCV residue with leaking turbo, or there's a faulty seal.

Im getting it all done at the same time. Turbo, exhaust and chip.
At first i thought it was residue but i have lost some oil. I checked the levels before i went out for a drive. Then the next day i was cruising down a street with the engine still cool. I turned on the fan and could smell wet oil in the cab after a few minutes.

I'm running the chipit power chip set to folder 2 tune 5 with the original turbo set to 20psi boost and i'm more than happy with the increase in power and torque not to mention the better fuel economy.

48000km. in the process of an oil change (Bloody oil filter is stuck) and ive visually inspected the turbo and surrounding area and there seems to be no leak. The oil isn't coming from the pipe that connected to the turbo. I cleaned the turbo up and drove it for 2hrs down the highway and there was no new oil present.

I'm running the chipit power chip set to folder 2 tune 5 with the original turbo set to 20psi boost and i'm more than happy with the increase in power and torque not to mention the better fuel economy.

What is the default PSI on the 2.5?

I am starting to look at Chip and exhaust for my 2008 D22 but would like to know more about what do with the turbo?

Well i got a Taipan 3" Mild steel exhaust system installed and a DPChip fitted aswell. And i must say you do notice the difference in response time when accelerating and the turbo spools up much quicker. Also the engine seems to run a lot smoother than it did before.
When i came around to my house i have a steep hill that requires me to drop from 4th gear to 3rd just so i can make it. I tried the hill the other day, not only was i able to stay in 4th it also accelerated up the hill.

A quick question,
Ive tried to contact DPChip to see if i can move the "User Adjustment" up 1 or 2 notches. Yet to have a response. Could anyone here tell me how much more of a HP/Torque increase would i get. The say not to touch the adjustment unless you have an aftermarket exhaust or intercooler. As i have both how far can i increase it?

Hi Guys, I am driving a mid 2011 2.5 D22 and had to recently mod it at 300 km's old to make me happy. I've tried a couple of different brands of power chips, DONE a LOT of research and spent some cash, and have settled for Chipit. so, being VERY happy with this product, I have now offered to be a Perth dealer. I just LOVE the fact they are windows programmable. I also recommend raising the boost pressure. tune 4 to 4psi above factory and tune 5, 5psi above factory settings. this is done with a bleed off valve. when more fuel is added, additional air is also required, else excessive smoke can be a result! just need to keep an eye on the EGT when towing.
if you are in Perth, and are curious of it's performance, I am happy to take you for a drive .
cheers

I have a 2008 CRD with a chipit fitted. I did run an atomic boost controller for a bit but pulled it back off. Also had the rail mod but took the banjo bolt back out as the rail chatter drove me nuts. With just the Chipit fitted on F2T5 it runs great. Also have one on my 2008 CRD Patrol.

No smoke or anything, it just goes. If you replaced the muffler with a performance muffler and reamed out the cat it wold go pretty well on the standard pipes. Having said that I run a 3" mandrel bent system on the patrol.

gees thats good. i think ill have to book in and get the 3inch taipan exhaust when i get my next pay check

I can add to this. Being the new chip I received which now only has 1 folder and 15 tunes. I have boost controller at 19psi and tune set at Tune5. Added the 2.5" turbo back system sports muffler and no cat. Cat will be going in soon and is a 100cell high flow unit. I get lil smoke from off the line and when I really boot it. But the pick up is nuts I can actually overtake someone. It's a diesel so smoke doesn't worry me its meant to do it. If it doesn't smoke a lil then something is wrong with you car :p. If I was to change anything it would be the exhaust to s 3" system and maybe getting a thicker core welded into my top mount intercooler. Also I have no banjo bolt/fuel rail mod advanced I don't get any limp mode etc.

Rusty

Am also considering the taipan 3 inch exhaust aswell as the Chipit chip, have been told theyre the best, have to get a snorkel fitted too though to let it breath better. My only problem is wether to get mild steel or stainless exhaust

And is the ute going to sound ridiculously stupid if i 'happen' to leave the muffler off my new exhaust, and if its left off, will the exhaust still produce enough back pressure?

For back pressure i havn't had an issue with it as of yet but my chip is running at notch 7 (scale 1-10 default 5). Thinking of finding a bigger fan forced intercooler. Just due to the fact my car is more for off-road climbing than tracks and i get barley any air flow over the intercooler.
And since the chip i have found a catch can very useful, so much blowby gasses :burnout:

Latest posts

Back