d22 blow off valve

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jardz91

Reaction score
Now i know bov's dont have any benifits in diesels but i want to install one just for a different sound.. anyone installed one or any tips for a d22 navara?

As far as I know you cannot install one as Diesel don't have throttle bodies. Well you could install one, it just wouldn't work as there is no throttle body to close so no built up back pressure to be released.

Ohh and welcome by the way!

If you want a bov on a diesel, that bov will need to be solenoid driven, off your tps/app sensor.

There are cheap diesel bov kits on eBay, often containing a bov and solenoid of questionable quality.

There are legitimate diesel BOV kits, such as the one by Turbosmart, intended for those running high boost, when a sudden throttle lift can cause a few compressor surge issues, not unlike the sudden closure of the throttle plate on a petrol.

I happen to run this kit (I run 38psi) but the price is somewhat above what most would consider worthwhile for just the sound effects:

http://www.turbosmart.com.au/new-releases/turbosmart-bov-solution-for-turbo-diesel-applications

For even higher boost setups, 40-50+psi, usuallly with twin compound turbos (one turbo blowing through another), there are drive pressure (exhaust manifold pressure) driven bovs, which require an even more elaborate intstall.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back