D22 Engine Run-in

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and FYI,

Mine doesn't blow heaps of soot like others complain about, and I haven't done the EGR mod.

had ours on the beach the night we got it. doesn't say anything about not using 4wd straight away. and as above, get it on some hills and load it up. we were doing freeway driving the day after we got it. just don't sit on a constant speed for too long.

When i pick up my D40, i drove straight home, hooked up a builders trailer with all my camping equipment and took off east nearly to lakes entrance. Stayed in a caravan park for 3 nights, and went 4wd'ing for 3 days in a row. Clocked up past the 1500 mark by the time i got home and car went back to the dealer 7 days after i picked it up for the first free service.

I aint had any problems with it, and now have 30K on the clock.

IF i choose to drive it carefully, i manage to get very good ecconomy from it - even with some load in the back.

my 09 D22 has 13k on it now and I swear the engine keeps getting better apart from some minor turbo lag in the low rpm range which is probably cause its only a 2.5L and it seems pretty solid all round like some things I would rather have the older technology ie: manual locking hubs, proper gear lever for hi/low range ect.

My 2010, Nav now has about 1500klms on it, hit the dirt for the first time with 500klms on it, its a car not a first girlfriend no need to be soft with it....

Should you drive with the front hubs locked for the 1st 500km of a new d22?

Thats wot the dealer says.....

gets the oil circulating....some people leave em locked in all the time, dont know that this will hurt it any.

:cheers!:

Back