D22 hard lid question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skippy

Reaction score
Hi there, i was wondering if anyone had put the hard lid on after they had the soft cover, I've got the soft one at the moment and wanted to swap it over but i have the marks from where the metal on the cover scratches where its pulled on, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the hard lid would cover these scratches or if they will still be visible.
Hope i made sence. :p
Thanks, Peter

Attachments

• P1727[01]_31-07-10.jpg
    P1727[01]_31-07-10.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
gday Skippy
I am in exactly the same situation.
i have a soft tonneau and have bought a hard lid but haven't picked it up yet. its a nissan lid and from what i can gather from grainy photos it sits where the soft cover does in terms of the amount of overhang around the rim of the tub. Every one of the points on my soft cover have rubbed the paint right down the the metal like yours.

So yeah i think that if your lids anything like mine they will be visible.

I'm also trying to decide what i do with the loop anchors but considering that my nav's black, i'm not too fussed just yet.
what did you do with yours?
ill might go and get a quote from a panel beater for both the paint repair as well as for the anchors to be drilled out and patched up but i wont do it unless i can get a smooth finish cos otherwise i think it'll look worse than just leaving the points on.

I haven't got one yet because im not sure if i'll get it if i have to get it painted, I was going to just get the anchors removed and just get some bungs painted and put in, seen it done an a few falcon utes and doesn't look bad, just see little painted bungs.
You'll have to take a photo when you get yours, You're pretty sure they'll show hey?

Find the right panel beater mate, I'm sure they could fix up those marks for a couple of hundred. You could possibly rub and prime them yourself to save a dollar too.
Just call in one day and have a chat to a spray painter at your nearby panel beaters to see what you can get, shop around to, some guys will do a/h jobs for cash or even go with the good old amber fluid bartering.....

There's a guy in Deshon St, W'Gabba that I've used for a couple of "cashies". PM me if you want the details, but anyone will usually help you out on a small job like that.

Back