d22 injector pump problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kempseyken

Reaction score
Hi everybody new to the forum , just wondering if anybody knows if the injector pump from 01-03 would fit 04 to current d22's they do have different part numbers , been to 2 different nissan dealerships and even they don't know or won't tell me for some reason , this ute is really starting to give me the shits. Any help would be appreciated

fit yes, tho i would be inclined to fit the later one.

whats the problem with the ute?

Gotta agree with Tweake.

Early pumps were pretty average and didn't last the distance.

Thanks for the reply's guys , the problems so far are 1 the injection pumps gone been qouted $3800 from lismore diesel to rebiuld and I don't have that sort of cash at the moment and the second major problem was the harmononic balancer nut came loose and broke the key way and chewed out the end of the crank, pulled the engine out and had that fixed $180 for crank repair + $155 for new balancer I didn't think that was so bad , can get my hands on a second hand injection pump for $480 from 03 model I know its sus buying these things second hand but just don't have the funds for a better one

How much can you spend up to ?

If its say $3000, try Nizzbits for the pump and then get it fitted.

I haven't priced a pump so I am not sure what there worth.

Thanks for the reply's guys , the problems so far are 1 the injection pumps gone been qouted $3800 from lismore diesel to rebiuld ........

these pumps don't often get rebuilt. i would find what fault the pump has. it would not be the first time i have seen perfectly ok pumps "fixed" when the problem has been something else.
the big problem the pumps get is worn body and you can't really rebuild it. you throw it away and buy a new pump.

i don't know your guys prices but last time i heard it was less than that for a whole new pump.

03 pump i don't know. i would be inclined to keep to the same part number. what makes me a little suspect is the nissan "fix" for these engine blowing holes in the pistons is around 03-04, right about the time they changed pump part numbers :shoot:

Nice point Tweake.

Same goes for the blocks Nissan were offering.

Makes you wonder why they kept wanting people to get newer blocks when they failed.

However I dont like the chances of them saying anything.

Hi guys. Just traded my ba ute in on a 04 d22 navara 3 litre. Was supposed to pick it up today from Rockhampton but apparently it wouldn't start. They replaced the cas yesterday but now think its a sensor or something to do with the injector pump. I've been getting stuffed around for a week waiting to pick it up. They say it starts and runs but once the engine has warmed up it won't start again. Any ideas? It's currently at an auto electrian and should be fixed tomorrow they reckon. Sorry for the long post I'm just annoyed that I'm paying for a car that I don't even have yet

The electronics on the fuel pump are known to fail on the zd30 from heat over time, sounds like the problem if it won't run once warm. Be sure it's fixed properly before you accept it.

ZD30 Injector pump

I also have a problem like this, I have a 2002 navara and it will run fine but after about half an hour the engine will shut off like you turn off the key. It will not start again until it has cooled. We have had Lube Mobile out and have charged us $1200 to replace cas and top of fuel filter and still not fixed, they are now saying $6500 for a new injector pump and that SHOULD fix the problem. I dont mind having to get a new pump (not through them) but would like to know if that is the problem. Has anyone had the same problem? Thanks

Latest posts

Back