D22 mods decision poll

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What mods should I do next?

• Re-paint roof to fix oxidization

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • 2" HD Toughdog Lift with HD Torsion bars

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Nissan Snorkel

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bvandermaat

Reaction score
Alright so I am having trouble deciding on the next mod to do to my ute.
Since polls hardly get used on the forum (apart from Dave :sarcastic:) I figured I would give it a go.

I am thinking I would like to get the roof re-painted as my next mod as it is starting to oxidize, but a snorkel and 2" lift are also looking pretty good.

If anyone else has any options I'd be glad to hear ("upgrading" to a D40 is not one :eviltongue:)

Last edited:
If you're gonna do the roof at some point regardless, then I'd do the suspension lift, it'll completely change the feel of the vehicle.

And in the meantime, sand back and the the roof with some gal primer.

I would be getting the roof done by a paint shop.
The suspension is what I was thinking but I also don't like the idea of the oxidization progressing past some lines where the paint would be easy to cut in.

Get the roof done pronto,

Then the others.

Something like that? Yeah looking like the roof may be the way to go. Spend another month or two with boat handling wont kill me. I wonder what the rear springs will look like when they are out. Gotta love the original suspension after 13 years.

Well after heading out on wednesday and getting stuck for hours I was thinking that a suspension lift would have been nice.
Now lokkas are also looking nice.
I think the roof will be the way to go for the moment while I save for the suspension lift.

I know the roof getting redone isnt as glorious or fun as the other mods you want/need,
but no good spending all that cash on the bottom end if the top end is gone from the dreaded 'cancer' especially as you live play on the briny parts of the country.

Shouldn't be to much to get it redone anyway.
No point having a decent car if it looks like a junker. I plan to keep it for at least another 5 years

Yeah I was thinking around 350. I will go get a quote this arvo for them.
Ill find out how much the roof will be this arvo as well.

Ok so just got the quotes.

For the injectors $80 each if I drop them in, so $320.
Or $470 if they take them out and stick them back in.
That will be on the back burner for a bit though.

For the roof to be repainted. $500... Yeah $500. I have seen this blokes work on a friends car and a company car, it is excellent.
Gotta love that price. I was budgeting for around $900. He had a Lexus rear bar out drying and I had a look at the work on that, it was spotless. I will take some before and after pics.
Should be getting done in two weeks or so.

I have a friend who is a Spraypainter who said $250, 2 Cartons of beer and me helping him. He has since gone into the paintless dent removal business and is in melbourne.

Well the roof looks bloody awesome. I am more that happy with the job.
I don't have any pictures as I'm sure everyone knows what a roof without oxidization looks like.
Next on the list is an oil cooler to try and keep the temps down that the turbo is helping to raise.

Good stuff. I think you will be happier looking at a nice looking vehicle in your driveway than something that looks a bit secondhand. Now you won't have to worry about it for another 13 years.

Latest posts

Back