D22 navara lemon

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to find a video on this story, or even just a write up. I can't find it anywhere? you sure it's today tonight and not a current affair?

The car in the picture has been spotted more then a few handle full of times around browns plains area. It's is a d40 stx I'm pretty sure and its not just sign writing on the back of canopy its from top to bottom on both sides of the tub and canopy. As for the white one we are talking bout I have not seen this as of yet.

Yeah here's another one snapped at a boat ramp at Jacob's Well.

untitled-1.png

was there a thread on here a while back about how nissan have a new boss here in australia and he's going to fix all this bad new's between nissan and buyer's of there vehicle's,well it's old mate's time to shine.

The story was on channel 7 Today Tonight and was about the customer over reacting.The first part of the story was about a guy beating the crap out of a 17 year old fish and chip shop worker for forgetting his chico roll.Then the other part was about the guy with the Nav signwriting his car and leaving it in front of the dealer with them peeling off the sign.
The bit I dont get is how are these two stories related? If he had beaten up the car dealer I would but all he did was put his car in front of the dealers in protest! Media D...heads.
The guys name is Steve Hay and he has posted a thread on them not replacing his clutch after 6 months.
I finally picked up my new D22 last night and posed the subject to the salesman and he said that clutches are not considered under warrantee unless they deemed it was a factory fault. How do they determine that.

...clutches are not considered under warrantee unless they deemed it was a factory fault. How do they determine that.

Easy. If the clutch is not working before the buyer picks up the vehicle, it's a factory fault, otherwise it's the buyer's fault. :sarcastic:

Really, that's not an easy call to make unless the vehicle was near-new - who'd expect a clutch to fail in the first 1,000km anyway?

It is possible to destroy even a perfectly manufactured, assembled and fitted clutch/pressure plate/flywheel inside 1,000km if you drive the car like it's stolen - 110km/h down a hill on the freeway, drop it in reverse and ride the clutch like crazy at max rpm, it'll do it inside 20km.

I'm sure the dealers are aware of things like that and are reluctant to accommodate drivers who abuse their vehicles, and this unfortunately taints the experience for those of us who care for our vehicles.

The bit I dont get is how are these two stories related?

They don't have to be related in the real world as long as the idiots in the media can make a one word connection they are related. It's all about hype, bullshit and the media making themselves look good not about the story. Anyone who thinks these shows actually care about people are kidding themselves.

I finally picked up my new D22 last night and posed the subject to the salesman and he said that clutches are not considered under warrantee unless they deemed it was a factory fault. How do they determine that.

Clutches and brakes are probably deemed consumable. No manufacturer can guarantee how hard a driver is on these items so the only fair way they can gauge whether there is a problem is to go by factory faults not just one person saying there is a fault.

It might not seem fair but consider it from the manufacturers point of view. One person rides the clutch, burned the clutch out and it last 10K but screams it's all the manufacturers fault when it's not. Sure there will be times when it is the manufacturers fault but if cars are like every other industry fraudulent claims and claims made to try and screw more out of the manufacturer will be more prevalent than honest claims, it's just the way the world works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair comment on the clutch and I cant say that I have ever had too many bad experiences because I was taught at a young age not to ride the clutch but my previous Rodeo which I owned for 12 years went through 2 of them.One at 97000 that just collapsed to the floor when taking off with no signs of previous wear was replaced under warrantee and the second at about 180000.Same thing but out of warrantee.That was OK till 240000 until a cab pulled out on me on the highway and I rolled the old boy. At least the wife felt sorry for me and let me buy a new Nav.

I did two clutches in a week in the truck a few years ago, had to drive about 250-300ks with no clutch then back through the burb's in peak hour (traffic lights were the fun part). The second one was proven to be a fault with the clutch and fixed for free as a part of the total repair but it was only because the mechanics could prove that it was a manufacturing fault not because of it's young age.

Nissan (and pretty much any other manufacturer) would have the same deal, prove it's a manufacturing fault (and in most cases they'd know about it before the consumer) and the clutch is under normal car warranty, suggest abnormal wear or bad parts when not everyone is having the same problem and there just isn't enough evidence to prove a case.

Well touch Wood ... i now have 38500 k's on the clock - so i MUST be getting close to needing a new clutch one would think. LOL

and judging by those km's, probably due for new brakes too i guess. Better trade it in for a new 550 instead of fixing the existing nav.

(dont i just wish ...)

But seriously, when my car was in for its last service (30K) the brakes were checked and only about 20% wear, so theorically i should get about 100k+ out of my brake pads at least. It helps to back off the throttle long before you need to stop for lights and traffic in general - saves on fuels and brakes.

Back