D22 Navara, Why?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was in my price bracket after selling the old hilux, I looked at 05 on hilux,s and could not justify 25 k starting price for a car that old

Krankins still a little jealous that none of us girlymen will shave his back, he's learnt that dragging his knuckles on the ground gets rid of hair but hasn't worked out how to get rid of the forest on his back by himself. :hahaha:

Aaaah, thats what bushfires are for, the ritual "back burning" fests for us agricultural fellas.
None of those metro man "nair" sessions.:sarcastic:

What's wrong with back hair? I'm Wog and damn proud of my hair haha.

On the original question.

2006 I had the choice of the D22 or D40.

D40 had just came out, didn't wanna take the risk on a series 1.

Glad I didn't either, my D22 has been good to me.

Love the shape and interior and its great on fuel.

I made the right choice.

my reason for buying a 2010 d22 was cause i cuoldnt find a better deal for a hardworking 4x4 ute at $32k drive away
$20 k cheaper than hilux,d40, or triton
the nissan badge sealed the deal
no regrets here

Bought my d22 because i like nissan and think toyota's are overpriced shit tins
The d40 had just been released and the triton had just came out in that rank new styling they had.
And i wanted a dual cab so that knocked out a patrol.

Hey fellas....

I'm slowly doing the research in what "2nd Hand" Dual Cab to buy and I'm leaning towards the D22's. For those that own a D22 which engine would guys prefer 2.5TD or 3.0TD (ie: for less problems & longevity, etc)?

For those people that own a D22 and have small kids, how do they find seating in the rear seats? I assume cramped...... good for only short trips ?

I'm more leaning towards to the 3.0ltr after talking to quite a few mechanics + they're don't have quite the electronics of the 2.5ltr....The other consideration when you factor in the difference in purchase price (ie: $5k+) & that may meet my needs is the V6 but I'm unsure of it's economy..... I would expect around "14>15ltrs/100kms" (ie: is this about right?).... which, when u factor in the price difference would still take me some 5>7yrs of driving b4 the diesel started being cheaper to run. I also realise Diesel has a better resale but petrol u buy cheap & sell cheap... not sure there would be much loss if u bought one at a cheap price.....
In my situation the the vehicle will only be used to/from work; no touring; no towing; mostly bush driving around SE Qld + maybe a little bit of beach driving....

For those V6 owners (if there is any on here), is the power / performance of the V6 the same as the 3.0TD's in Standard form (ie: no chip or exhaust mods)?

I'm not wanting to start a petrol vs diesel argument, I'm only trying to gauge what will be the best to meet my need.... A 2nd hand vehicle that is reliable; reasonably cheap to repair should any engine/mechanical issues arise.....

(I've owned Diesels all my life so I know what Diesels are like ;) )

Hey Rob, go the diesel because I've heard the V6 is fairly thirsty and gutless (will stand corrected). I own the 2.5 2008 model and reckon it's a rocket, motor wise I don't have a chip or any other mods bar the EGR blanked off.
My daughter (11 and tall) and son (8 and short like his old man) both fit comfortably in the back seat on long trips (Forster to Surfers) and haven't as yet complained. I would reckon it might be cramped for teenagers though! The biggest problem I found was storage but over came this with a set of TJM seat covers with all the pockets etc. in them. Hope this helps some.

Cheers Brad

PS. how about some pic's of the Zook!!

As above....

go the D22 2.5, I and others easily get 10/100klm,
2 kids in the back no worries and on long trips...big kids(adult size) short trips
youll love it..

All good motors.

The VG series is a old design, thirsty but bulletproof though.

The YD25's are a good motor, but the only downside is injector prices if they need replacing.

$1000 each and around $3500 for a fuel pump.

ZD30, injectors are $200 each and $3500 for the fuel pump.

Mines a 2009 2.5l, has all the barwork, whinch, canopy and always full of work gear, never has any problems with all the added weight, soon to have an exhaust, snorkel and chip fitted just for that extra bit of go. Best economy ive had was a trip out west, got 932km out of the standard tank, although i was just about rolling down the hill to the servo to fill up.

Sent from Luke's iPhone using Forum Runner

I bought a D22 because it's simply the best value for money new crew cab ute available on the market in Australia. $29990 drive away for a new 4x4, turbo diesel, crew cab ute.

Most 2nd hand low kilometres, crew cab diesel utes sell for more than that and I have no idea how badly the last owner thrashed it.

And how good is the resale, pay $29990 and 3 years later it's still worth around $25000, I can not find another 4x4 dual cab with the same resale, some $35000+ Dual cabs struggle to get $25k 3 years later.

Latest posts

Back