D22 OBD Port HELP

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solja

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

2006 D22 Navara, want to get a reading of trouble codes from the OBD port I have an ELM327 universal USB reader but I am getting no response from the car, so I'm guessing it's either not the right protocol or it's somthing else other than and OBDII, cant find a sticker under the bonnet anywhere that says it's obdII compliant (read on another forum)

Can anyone tell me what I need to read this vehicle? My plug fits just get no response so it's obviously not right and it's not the vehicle thats at fault have tested on 2 indentical d22's same issue. Surely someone has come accross this

Pretty sure Dave confirmed that his 06 would not operate a scangauge and was therefore not OBDII compliant and he eventually found something different, but I could be wrong.

notes from old tony on another thread

"We were looking to see if we could get the ECU to tell us what voltage it thought the battery voltage was at but my bluetooth OBD adapter wouldn't fire up in the 2006 D22. I've a feeling that the D22's OBD port is not OBD-II compliant or it's missing a power line that the OBD adapter is needing (because the OBD port in my 2009 D40 - which we then tried the adapter in and it worked) does have the power lines. I had a feel of the back of the OBD plug in the D22 and it seemed a little light on wiring.
"

thanks guys but not much help I figured it wasn't what I had I'm wondering what it is I need :p obd navara etc searches on ebay turn up zero...

Search Dave's thread I'm sure his thread somewhere in it's 20 odd pages has a listing of the port reader he got to work on an 06. Not sure what it told him though.

Latest posts

Back