D22 owner new to the forum!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty72

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Just popped my Nissan cherry last wk in the shape of an '05 Navara 3L Diesel STR.

Just modded the EGR and delivery of my Provent 200 and filter pack arrived today so I'm looking forward to cleaning out all the inlet parts, changing oils (still browsing for an oil to use... ) and getting amongst it next weekend. The wheels have done 160K and there's some fumes/mist escaping when i remove the oil filler cap in the rocker cover so it'll be peace of mind when the above is done.

Just before i go hunting through the forum a bit more, when i fit the catchcan... does it fit neatly onto existing hoses or am I nipping out to buy some beforehand?

Thanks guys,

rusty:rock:

Welcome mate. Nice name ��

Hoping the rig last your along time and proves it's purpose. A good clean of the inlet is a must for the 3.0L navs or patrols. Just make sure it is air dried and no water at all or you'll be up for a new motor. As for the catch can unfortunately you'll need to reduce down from the 3/4" provent fitttings to a 5/8" hose for the pcv hose. Plenty of install feedback on here and pictures. Make sure to use the search function first before starting a new thread.

Goodluck
Rusty

Thanks for the info, yep I'll look into some hose and fittings... will install the can a couple of days before the inlet gets spring cleaned, then plumb it all in during re-assembly. Rather do this all sooner than later, but next Sat is the earliest possible!

Right, cuppa and back to searching the forums :)

If you want to really make sure your inlet manifold is clean check out the tech resources for d22 and see my diy thread for removal and cleaning

Latest posts

Back