d22 rear cab bolt replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d22navara

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has had to replace the rear cab bolts before, do you have to cut the floor pan to get to the nut ??

The nuts are captured, you shoudnt need to get to them unless you've stripped the thread, or their weld has broken and they are spinning.
If you do need to get to them, I beleive you do have to cut the floor pan, what are you doing?

About a month after I bought the nav I went to body lift it and found the rear passenger cab bolt had sheared . So the nut and left over thread is still captured so I need to replace it . Was hoping there was another way besides cutting the floor .

Ok ill have a look thanks mate sounds like a better way . Did u have to take the tub off ?

Dunno why you'd have to cut the cab. The body is built before being bolted to the chassis.

There was a post on here somewhere, i think it was in a body lift thread,someone had to get to captured nut, and ended up drilling a hole with holesaw in a drill (from inside cab) through floor, to get to nut to carry out repair, as nut is between 2 sheets of metal.

I take it we are talking about the 4 bolts at rear of cab (2 left side and 2 right side).

Do you think there is enough of the bolt left to lift the cab, remove the mount from between cab and chassis, then get some vice grips onto the remaining bit of the bolt ?
Put a screw driver or something up through the mount, mark how far it goes in and if that measurement is less than what the mount measures you should be able to use vice grips once the mount is removed.

Latest posts

Back