D22 snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnbritto

Reaction score
hi guys i have a question and i have tried to search for an answer so instead if being a smart ass if you dont have an answer just dont give any response. Here goes my new snorkel arived in mail yesterday got it in the box off ebay $239 including postage if anyone interested anyhow was going to fit my self but reading instructions it seems i have to relocate side blinker in guard has anyone done one of these befor is it easy does anyone live local to raymond terrace that has one that i could look at P M me if you do min is on a 2009 d22 2.5 moter i dont have a second battery but there is a place for one .thanks in advance

I fitted a genuine nissan snorkel to my 2011 d22 . mine has twin batteries and i didnnt have to relocate the blinker, it was scary though cutting a 90 mm hole in my brand new car

the brand is scintex there email is [email protected] it looks the same as the genuine one i also rang tjm they said its normal to have to move blinker on some modals depanding on weather or not dual battery and what brand snorkel like saffari you have to move blinker they say the ebay listing number is 200690667721 there are 10 left brand new buy it now $239 free postage in australia mine was delivered within 3 days to my door

Last edited:
the brand is scintex there email is [email protected] it looks the same as the genuine one i also rang tjm they said its normal to have to move blinker on some modals depanding on weather or not dual battery and what brand snorkel like saffari you have to move blinker they say the ebay listing number is 200690667721 there are 10 left brand new buy it now $239 free postage in australia mine was delivered within 3 days to my door

hmm shoulda seen nizzbits mate
genuine nissan(tjm/airtech) not much dearer and fits up easy, no blinker adjustment and with nizzbits you get the yd25 pipe that allows 2nd battery
i dont know any locals with an ebay snorkell
your welcome to have a look at how mine fits up if thats any help,ime in maryland pm me
cheers
sparra

I fitted the genuine snorkel and the instructions in there were NOT to relocate the blinker but to move the wire to it as it passed through a hole in the side wall that was to be used by the snorkel,

thanks for the feed back guys the template that came in box shows where to relocate the blinker to but im just not going to bother ill just cover over the original instead of cutting a football shape hole in guard should be ok and its slill 2 years befor i have to take car over pits so noone will notice a missing blinker i recon

thanks for the feed back guys the template that came in box shows where to relocate the blinker to but im just not going to bother noone will notice a missing blinker i recon

betcha the cops will
and insurance company if car is in acident
adr compliance requires side indicators

Thats a copy of the Safari, To relocate the blinker is easy enough to do with a drill and a file. I had to do do mine and i used a thing called a "Nibbler" and a file. If your not into doing it go buy yourself a LED trailer blinker from any truck shop and screw it on.

I fitted my snorkle that required the blinker to be moved (was from ebay, ldpe plastic and still going strong).

Blinker move is easy enough, traced the line from the supplied template and drilled + filed. Didn't take long and in my opinion worth it to keep that indicator.

measure three times, I had the template taped up in the wrong spot the first two times I measured!

Good luck. Its not a hard job, just pretend its not your truck when you drill that huge hole!! :)

yeah was talking to the bloke next door he does some amazing things with little sports type cars and its actualy his real life job he is going to do the cutting for me and im confident with some of the work ive seen everything will be fine

Latest posts

Back