d22 towbar differences ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sort of credible but not totally lol i might get it anyway and see can always resell it i guess

I was planning on mounting it from the top of the chassis like someone else on here did...

I wouldn't be modifying the tow bar. Sure its not a straight bolt on job, but its not that much more involved than bolting it on under the chassis

No clearance issues

005-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

Okay a small update for anyone interested. i bought a dx towbar off i think an 06 model. locqlly for $100, not bad i thought. anyway it does not fit :/ it can be made to fit im pretty sure. the brackets all fit fine the problem is the bolt that goes through the towbar through the chassis and into the bracket underneath the chassis rail. those holes dont line up. however its a bit of a mix and match setup tbo the brackets may not be original to the towbar. so im goonna drill some holes through the bottom of the chassis rail to accomodate.
Ill let you all know how i go when i get a chance and try take some pics if anyone is interested in a dx bar on a longer tub str

Okay a small update for anyone interested. i bought a dx towbar off i think an 06 model. locqlly for $100, not bad i thought. anyway it does not fit :/ it can be made to fit im pretty sure. the brackets all fit fine the problem is the bolt that goes through the towbar through the chassis and into the bracket underneath the chassis rail. those holes dont line up. however its a bit of a mix and match setup tbo the brackets may not be original to the towbar. so im goonna drill some holes through the bottom of the chassis rail to accomodate.
Ill let you all know how i go when i get a chance and try take some pics if anyone is interested in a dx bar on a longer tub str

that would be good. also if that guy you know over here in perth wants to sell his if you could let me know that would be great too.

Sorry i might have told a little lie about that part i was looking at the one on ebay :D i just didnt want to give ot away before i knew if it would fit or not so i dont know anyone in perth with one :/ sorry

lol, oh well that's cool. ill have to keep an eye out but if you can put up some pics that would be good

Will do mate dont know how long it will be before i get a crack at it as im flatout atm. hopefully i will get a chance on the weekend

ll pretty happy. works out to be about 55mm higher than if you just used a str towbar compared to dx so not a huge difference really

That last post did not work at all lol. so had to drill one hole in chassis each side and one hole in towbar each side. ill try post up pics when i get a chance but dx can fit new str with a bit of messin around and doesnt sit to far under the tub imo.

Back