D22 Upgrades in Best Order

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekul26

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have lots of Upgrades i want to do like most of you already
have or on your list.

I would like to know what your personal opinion is for upgrades in Order
as most of as dont have the Funds to do it in one big install.

My order is

1. Sound System - Done
2. Keyless Entry - Done

3. Suspension - [Shock suspension on a 03 nav with 165...ks :tazzy:]
4. Body Lift - [ Get some more height for bigger wheels]
5. Wheels - [ YAY]
6. Exhaust [ would do before suspension but ride is S**T]
7.Snorkel
8.Chip
9. Window Tint

etc....

So whats your Order ??

Got a 4 door Kit from Auto one and because navara already have central locking only had to replace drive side door and wire up the remote system that easy

As ourd40 said, do things in the order of need. But obviously is finances are not an issue, get it booked in and get everything done in a matter of days . lol

My first mod was ARB rear step tow bar. Trailer brake controller, Because I needed to tow. Then I did canopy, dual battery's so as I added all other electrical stuff it was all ready to go. Then I did ARB bull bar & spot lights, snorkel, stereo upgrade, once most of the extra weight was in then I did suspension. Fitted bigger exhaust to help with towing. Now building draw system then I will do body lift and wheels. Chip to help with all the extra weight and towing. Fitted double row timing chain to save the engine. One thing I can say is that the order doesn't matter to much but where dose it all end. 😜

Last edited:
hi guys what is a good chip for my d22 I just bought It and want to do some upgrades on the exhaust also what size pipe to upgrade to from standard

hi guys what is a good chip for my d22 I just bought It and want to do some upgrades on the exhaust also what size pipe to upgrade to from standard

There is a lot of info on here on this, after a bit of research Steinbeauer is the chip. (Safest). I run a 2 3/4 Beaudesert exhaust.

thx I live in then Caribbean so ill research the chip online what I the cost of the chip

In OZ about $1400 for the chip then fitting. I was quoted $1650 fitted and tuned on a dyno,

Although the D22 is a good truck, have a think about the money you're spending.

I would of spent close to 12 grand on my D22. Stereo, suspension etc.

My Dmax cost me $46,850. Normally $54,000.

The Dmax still rides heaps more comfortable, heaps more power, stereo from the factory is brilliant etc.

Only things I am doing to it is, bullbar (Already done), spotties (Already have them) and Uhf.

Other then that, its perfect for my needs.

A D40, Triton, Hilux, Dmax or whatever could all do the same thing.

However, its your money.

Already been said, depends what you want to upgrade it for. I went...

Suspension Lift - for clearance 4wding
Muddies - for grip 4wding
UHF - coms during 4wding
Snorkel - so I wouldn't drown 4wd number 2
Stereo - to enjoy driving some distance
Tint - birthday present off the Missus
Spotties and LED light bars.

All the rest has been as $$$$ has come available, and depended on how I had been influenced by magazines or this forum at the time of having $$$.

Front Lokka
Exhaust
Rock sliders
Modified rear step/removal
Body lift (waiting for my lazy arse to install it)
Chip (waiting for my lazy arse to book it in)

If I was to do more long distance driving I would also have a cruise control unit fitted.

At the end of the day, your driving time behind the wheel will tell you what you need.

I have spent about 6k on mine so it ows me 35k for a new truck that does more than i need best mod was the zordo efs lift followed by the upgrades to the donk all the other things depend on what you do snorkle is a must for anything serious i fitted a safari bit of a ugly thing bit like a dmax

im about to install a second after market engine oil cooler, then a top mount intercooler before i install a diesel chip. has anybody else done this? will it get results?

Latest posts

Back