D22 Vs D40 On and Off Road

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's illegal to use and or sell them chances are it's illegal to post them too, maybe you better pick up.

If it's illegal to use and or sell them chances are it's illegal to post them too, maybe you better pick up.

mate with my standard suspension it was bad enough doing 1200ks for the muster
i need a few trips to physio before i do another trip
and some new torsion bars
and shockies that work
and
a better seat
maybee one of you nice d40 owners can pick em up for me

I'll make it worth your while, I'll throw in a bread crate that you can use as a back support.

You wont get the wheel travel you get with the LN106 with either a 22 or a 40 hence you wont get as much traction, hence you wont go as far. But you will be alot more comfortable in a 22 or 40 than you will be in the 106.

The 106 has more ground clearance except for the amount of fresh air under the diffs. In this situation you're governed by your tyre height. In some cases an IFS vehicle can have more under diff clearance than a solid axle vehicle for the same tyres.

Out of the box you can fit bigger tyres onto a 106 than you can a 40, not sure about a 22, never owned one.

The 40 does have a bad turning circle, but so does the 106.

They are different vehicles, designed in different times and you can't really do an apples for apples comparison.

If you want to bounce around, thrash through bog holes, smash up rock steps and not worry too much, the 106 is great. If you want to go down muddy tracks, scramble over rocky rises and sit in comfort, then the 22 or 40 is the way to go.

I've got an LN65 Lux and a D40 and I wouldn't attempt to do what I do in the Lux in the D40. Maybe that answers your question?

^ What he said.

The old school Lux will be better for harder offroad stuff. But more unstable on and offroad, they dont call them Rollux's for nothing.

As a everyday car, the Hilux would be my last choice. There slow and very very uncomfortable.

Latest posts

Back