D22 x force exhaust.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeanFoldi

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if any one is running one if these exhausts ? I'd be removing the muffler on the system but curious on ppls thoughts that may be running them.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366810129.821086.jpg

Deanfoldi.

howdy Dean , yup just fitted one ! I purchased the stainless steel one - $950- and then wrapped it from dump to the back of the single cab and from the "muffler" past the shock , spare and shackle pins- works great stops all of the heat and helps with the heat soak. Also applied a self adhesive insulation to the underside of the original heat shield and fire wall ... It's amazing how much heat it all stops ! well worth the extra $100 in insulation ! Fitted it myself and had a friend "tig" a flex bellow into the 1st stage of the exhaust (a must I think)....so for $1200 all up inc welding wrap and fire ring gaskets (the gasket they send you are crap) oh I also removed and replaced all the studs in the turbo and with this dump pipe you will have to shorten 2 of the new studs to get the nuts on ( you have to replace the 2 bottom studs no matter what )....

a tip - took the heat shield off, and for a week after stopping I applied penetrene whist hot to the studs, nuts came off with ease.. also used new "crown" locking nuts and used a very small amount of high temp silicone to all gaskets.. Another tip make sure you linish all flanges so they bolt up nice and flush ! This exhaust is made in a "jig" so the flanges need looking at ! It takes the stress off the flanges and the less stress the less chance of cracking.. Oh and it not a loud system , from the cab it sounds just like the original but you will notice the benefit !

Thanks for the feed back guys. I don't mind if its not super loud but do you guys have the muffler in or did u remove it ?

Deanfoldi

I have this exhaust made a good difference power but sounded stock as stock. But it was a bit of a hassle bolting the dump to the turbo. Ended up pulling the turbo out and replacing all the studs while I was there. I'm having the muffler removed tomorrow so it will be straight through. I'll let you know if it makes any difference to the sound quality.

I don't think the difference is huge but the turbo lag has reduced I did the egr and swirl mod at the same time now just trying to hook up the chipit chip. I do like the whistle from the turbo now but man what a bitch of a job getting the old pipe off the back of the turbo.

Thanks guys. Yeah I dunno what I'm gonna do went to my local exhaust place that did custom jobs on my jeep and patrol and waiting for him to get back to me with a price.

I got two quotes both were 3' straight through with flanges so I can always throw the muffler back in. One was $160 the other $140. Might give you a bit if an idea what your up for

Hey guys looking at getting one of these in stainless 3inch just wondering if its real droony cruzing I'm 5th gear on the high way ??

They honestly couldn't of made this sound any more stock if they tried. Zero drone from the cabin maybe slightly increased spooling sound... Good exhaust if you want it for the performance and not the sound

OH Dean, I used the support rubbers for the muffler from "Bursons" I used from memory "telstar/mazda" ones !yup strange but thicker than the originals and cheeper !

OH Dean, I used the- support rubbers for the muffler from "Bursons".... I used from memory "telstar/mazda" ones !yup strange but thicker than the originals and cheeper !
and maldog this unit "for me" is brilliant "quiet and breaths" so does the job.. It has flex bellow then s/through "hot dog silencer " then s/through "off set muffler" , wrapped in sections .. as soon as I work out the problem with camera to laptop downloads I'll post and show you what and how I did mine with the clamps and stainless steel tie wire....

Thanks zed. If your gonna film that any chance of getting a bit of the sound of the system ?

Dean.

Cheers guys looks like what I'm after any one removed the hotdog silencer yet and see if that gave it a better note

Latest posts

Back