D22 YD25 Oil Catch Can Placement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phxeent

Reaction score
Hi.

Just wondering where others have placed their oil catch cans on the D22 YD25 rig. Dual Batts. Not much space. Have Provent style Catch can. Even a pic if anyone has one. Cheers

Thanks

Nathan

yes there is bugger all room to fit a catch can on the later d-22,s , behind the fuel filter is the ABS braking unit and on the engine side of fuel filter is the air con piping. the only way i can see fitting one is to make a special bracket that will come off the fuel filter housing and keep clear of the aircon pipe plus watch out for heat from the turbo .

Have My Provent Catch Can Plumbed out to sit behind The bulbar. Custom Bracket I made. Works very well. Had no dramas 20.000Klms Catches Plenty. Intercooler stays clean.

i am sure i read somewhere that with the catch can install mounting position you should have the catch can and whatever hose line higher than the intake or outlet connection if you know what i mean. maybe this is why you mainly see catch cans mounted in a higher spot . ???

yes but i don,t think you really want the extra long in / out hoses running up hill . closer the better without restrictions.

running uphill????

IF you use correct size hosing...not a restriction
AND
more chance the vapour returning to liquid in a cool can than returning to your engine

I find it catches a lot more out front, behind bulbar, fresh cold air running over it, than when I had it mounted under bonnet. Guess time will tell. Gives a lot longer for vapour to cool. as far as I can tell no more restriction. no "Hard" bends in piping etc... And intercooler stays A lot cleaner

Latest posts

Back