D22 zd30 intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler1993

Reaction score
I was just wondering what ppl have been doing about intercoolers on there d22 zd30 navara's . I have seen the forefront industries kit , and seen people talking about the xr6 turbo ones . I was just wondering if you can use any intercooler as I have a mate that will do all the piping for me I just need the intercooler so if anyone has done this , sizes of the intercooler and brands and where you got it would be helpful cheers .

I run a forefront big intercooler. Very happy with it. Could use an xr6 intercooler but the xr6 only run something like 6pound boost, while the zd30 runs 15pound. If you're getting the pipe work custom made just buy a intercooler that will fit up front and go from there. You'll have to think about where the outlets on the cooler are and where the pipe work will meet though

I have tracked down the intercooler size that most of the 4x4 shops use . I will go and measure ezactly how big I can get one . I have 2 inch body lift so it should be way easier to fit one .

I have a front mount Forefront industries one. It was easy to fit [about half a day] all parts supplied. Very happy with it.
fj

So I bought a kit of eBay for $230 it includes the intercooler and all the piping and silicone connectors and hose clamps . I made sure I got 2 1/4 inch pipe to match the intake . Should work well the intercooler is pretty big 575mm long but I measure it and will fit easy . Shall work a treat .

Hi all haven't been on for a while but I finally got around to fitting an intercooler on me ute bit of a job. Bought the cooler for $150. had all the pipe, the bends and clamps $140 and boost tee with hose and clamps $120. I lost a pound of boost due to the longer circuit but the boost tee fixed that pretty quick. It is not overly big but seems to work well where I have mounted it. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• 20140830_001930.jpg
    20140830_001930.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 1,808
  • 20140830_001941.jpg
    20140830_001941.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 622
  • 20140907_125602.jpg
    20140907_125602.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 568
  • 20140829_221834.jpg
    20140829_221834.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 612
Hi all haven't been on for a while but I finally got around to fitting an intercooler on me ute bit of a job. Bought the cooler for $150. had all the pipe, the bends and clamps $140 and boost tee with hose and clamps $120. I lost a pound of boost due to the longer circuit but the boost tee fixed that pretty quick. It is not overly big but seems to work well where I have mounted it. Here are some pics.

Nice one mate looks good

Thanks barna . That's looks good . I also have a boost tee aswell but I haven't changed the boost . Do you not keep your front grill on ? Have you noticed much power difference with then intercooler ? And there did you mount your boost sensor and did you have to weld the a nipple on where the boost sensor pipes connects to the intercooler ? .

Yeah I noticed it has a bit more torque from 80ks onward and has dropped Egt's around 50degrees. I had to cut the centre lug of on the grill but it didn't seem to worry it. The grill fits nicely back just had it of for photos. Where it is gets awsome air flow. When I get back from a drive, pipe out of turbo is f..cking hot and pipe out of intercooler is warm.

Nice set up, only reason I went with a top mount is I wasn't a fan of the pipe running out through the wheel arch. But it looks like you have more room under the bonnet than I do with a top mount

I was the same did not like the idea of a pipe running through the wheel arch, but didnt want a top mount. Forefront industries seems to be the only front mount kit for the zd30 that doesnt have a pipe running through the wheel arch

I have seen how the forefront front mount works and were it is mounted I plan on doing exactly the same . And running the pipes in the same spots .

Yeah I wasn't overly excited about the pipe in the wheel arch but its about 3mm wall thickness which means it would take a lot to destroy it. And if something did wreck it I carry the original pipe section that went from the turbo to intake manifold which wouldn't take long to fit. A mate has a Isuzu and when he pulled in to my place I got him to lift the bonnet straight away and I felt his top mount intercooler and it was really hot. That's why I went a front mount and mine gets nowhere near as hot as his.

Yeah I have seen the for front one and it looks like one of the pipes gets squashed through the headlight bracket. But all in all there kit looked pretty good and reasonably priced because I know what is involved in the set up.

Yer people just pay the price of the forefront kit and other expensive kits but if you know how to weld you can easily custom make one for a fraction of the price .

Hi,

I installed the forefront "BIG" kit last week. So far very happy with it and as other people have been saying, the instructions were good and everything slotted in quite nicely. I'm yet to test it on the highway and pulling the boat but first impressions so far have been great.

For the price it's a good value kit I reckon.

Cheers

Cool mate do you have an EGT guage it would be good to see some temps at 100kms. Out of curiosity what size are the pipes on the kit? Did you loose any boost?

Latest posts

Back