D22 zd30 intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey barna,

No I don't have an EGT gauge although I probably should. I guess I now figure with the intercooler that everything should be running a little cooler....at least I hope. I'm pretty sure the pipes are about 2 1/2 inches (maybe 2 1/4) although don't quote me on that.

Hard to comment yet on the boost as I've barely been out since I installed it. I will be taking it out camping this weekend so will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

I've put the forefront winch kit in. Main difference I've noticed is it takes slightly longer to boost. There's no actual drop in pressure. Still pulls as quick if not faster. EGT temps are around 350-400 pre turbo at 100. Can still get them up above 600 but it pulls longer before they get there. Only thing I would add to the kit are some decent hose clamps, a thermo fan on the half of the intercooler sitting behind the winch and some foam between the intercooler and the ac condenser. If you really wanted a result you could make up ducting to force feed the intercooler.

Sorry Barna, just realised I never got back to you.

I actually went on a trip recently to Jurien Bay in W.A from Perth. The intercooler was nothing short of mind boggling as I could finally overtake cars towing caravans with my boat behind me. There was one section of road where a convoy of 4 cars with camper trailers were all travelling really close together. I was able to pass them over a short stretch of road with ease and I certainly could have never done that pre-intercooler. Just feeling how much cooler the return pipe from the intercooler is, is proof of the better quality air getting into the engine.

Around the city its also great having extra power off the mark as the D22 ZD30's can be a little sluggish taking off.

Latest posts

Back