D22's with 32's,33's Post your pics

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 32s 265/75Toyo tires with 16in aftermarket Tacoma wheels.They are off set but dont remember number. They did not clear on the front stock. Torsion bar crank 1 1/2 in/ 1 1/2 body spacer in front only.Removed stock mud flap cut body/cowl pinch weld/rewelded it flat.Installed flat mud guard. Other problem was I had to install longer wheel studs,as stock not enough grip from studs.Also had to cut lower edge front bumper.Looking at it you cant tell. I would like taller tires as with 4.62 Diffs.when driving in Calif/USA reving up way to high on freeway.

Attachments

• CIMG3794.JPG
    CIMG3794.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 145
  • CIMG3935.JPG
    CIMG3935.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 122
Finally put 33s on.. Need to do some more guard work scrubs on flex with 2+2 lift

Attachments

• 2016-11-13 21.16.19.jpg
    2016-11-13 21.16.19.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 130
My mate had 33s with a 3 inch lift just have to trim your inner guards rite back

Would something of this size not achieve the height gains of a 33 and put less strain on the driveline?

Would something of this size not achieve the height gains of a 33 and put less strain on the driveline?

You'll get the height for sure, it's a tad taller than a 285. The main concern would be if you had an issue somewhere remote being an unusual size not normaly stocked it could take time for a replacement. Here is a pic of the two sizes side by side.255/75-285/75

Attachments

• bigger.jpg
    bigger.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 84
You'll get the height for sure, it's a tad taller than a 285. The main concern would be if you had an issue somewhere remote being an unusual size not normaly stocked it could take time for a replacement. Here is a pic of the two sizes side by side.255/75-285/75
I guess it depends how badly stuck you are. At a push you could use a 265/75 on a front wheel and only use 2wd to get you out of trouble. If you had to you could use 4wd a small amount, but i wouldn't be doing a lot of it with differently sized tyres... The other option is to take a tube as well as a couple of spares so unless you bust a tyre badly you could use a tube in it.

The circumference is the same minus the width. The driveline is going to work just as hard to push that load, so the strain would be the same. The weight of the tyre/wheel combo is more important, having a heavy steel rim with a 265/75 would hurt the tie-rod ajusters more than a 285/75 on a light weight alloy rim hitting a rut ect in the scrub.

Thanks for the info. Interesting last comment, just as I ordered a set of 16 inch steel rims ��

Steel rims weigh a damn lot more than alloys. They are also a lot stronger for their weight. I weighed mine when I changed to 265/75s and a stock alloy with a 265/75 at tyre weighed less than a stock spare steel rim with a 265/70 bridgestone still on it... I will have to weigh them again and compare weights, cause I can't remember how much the difference was now...

Latest posts

Back