D40 Blower fan rusted from being wet

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chappie

Reaction score
I have just replaced my blower fan and resistor in my D40. On inspection of the old blower motor it had obviously been wet over many years. I had noticed a little water from time to time on the passengers side but did not investigate. On inspection the only place that water can reach the blower motor area seems to be through the pollen filter area. Can anyone help with this?

The first thing i thought of was has your rig been in a flood or sunk by a previous owner but as you don't mention if you had it from new that makes it hard to find an answer unless the a/c pipe has weeped as happened to my mates d40 that is what i would check have you noticed a damp smell? failing that have someone hold a hose on the windscreen and crawl under and check for any leaks around the blower some of the worst leaks can be traced to faulty wiring for uhf's lights ect and the grommet not sealing.

By chance have you noticed the water on the floor when you have had the A/C running?
It could be that your A/C drain is blocked and the water is from the A/C.
Havent looked at mine but it could be that your motor is covered in surface rust because the box has been holding water so the whole area would end up with high humidity and that could be causing the issue

I have had the D40 from new and I will check out your the suggestions AC pipe, drain and grommets. Have not noticed a musty smell and moisture not after using air con. I think it is after heavy rain. Bought the new fan and resistor genuine from the states delivered for $280. Wanted over $1100 from Nissan Dealer here.

Just had checked out for water leaking and could not find anything, but now can not get any air through vents, fan operating, resistor switch okay. As if the heater box is not operating and changing when you make a selection. They checked pollen filters in correctly and checked fuses. Anyone with any suggestions?

Back