D40 Canopies

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checked out the TJM dual skin canopies, they look good in photos but when I asked about colour coding the local guy wasn't sure so he rang them.

"they all come in white" they said,

"that means I will have to remove the windows and get it painted" he replied.

" no, they come with the fittings all masked up. I have seen a few and in my opinion they all looked like shit" was the TJM guys response!

I couldn't believe it. As if I would spend the best part of 3k on a canopy that is virtually oing to be secondhand. I don't think they will sell too many of them.

I have a TJM canopy and could not be happier with it. They send them to get color coded - painted. Mine cost $3k fitted.
The color match is perfect. Maybe your local TJM dealer is a bit lazy or uninformed.
They should realize that once you have some of their product - and like it - you are more likely to spend the hard earned dollars on some more product...

I actually stood right there while he spoke to some dude in the office, melbourne or sydney i presume, he was happy to do it for me but was honest enough to tell me i would be better off getting one elsewhere as a new canopy should not need to be masked up. I agree.
I ordered a black vehicle, if the dealer said "we have a white one that we can respray for you" my answer would have been the same. "shove it"

Got ARB one Magic

Yeah I saw a series of pix on ExplorOz of Desert Pete & Lyn's white Navara with the ARB one with lift up glass. Ordered one from ARB Rockhampron Q and they did a magic fitting job. Ordered it for our dog Spanner so got lift up glass on passenger side & slider on dog side (driver) . He & I both love his mobile kennel. Was surprised the package included the great LED high mount stop light. As usual the ARB quality is superb.
I've got an ARB canopy on mine it was recommended by the dealership as being a better option than factory - certainly cheaper. I'd love to have a Caddy one so long as the butchers at Caddy didn't fit it but the ARB will do. The main thing you need to look at is how it will go with roof bars and racks if thats something you plan to do down the track

Just had a Razorback canopy fitted last week, cost me 3300 fitted with central locking ( makes life easy) couldn't be happier. Did a lot of research and went to a lot of places and checked them out ARB, TJM, Avenger and stock. finally made my decision and think i made the right one. The only thing it lacks it good side access but the rear of my ute is too high ( or im to short ) to bother reaching over the side.
1691.jpg
1687.jpg

Ive got the genuine nissan snugtop canopy and all round is great. I also have black widow camping drawers installed. The only issue i have with this combination is that if you load up the tub sometimes the load shift and rests on the the internal lever handle because of the height of the drawers. It binds it up and you cannot unlock it using your key. You have to surge forward and then hit the brakes to try and shift the load. the central locking idea sounds great would be great to know if it can be retrofitted to the snugtop.

Latest posts

Back