D40 chip problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTrev

Reaction score
Just quick question as to weather someone could shed some light on my problem. I have a chipit chip and have pulled it out of my 2011 st man and put it into my 2012 st auto. My problem is no matter which tune it's on if I put the boot into it when on roughly a 100 k an hour it drops back a gear and revs it's guts out to 4000 rpm and does not change up smoothly like it does with out it in, in fact does not change at all I could sit there all day with it revving and not change. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Gear selection in the auto is dependent on several factors: throttle position, engine load, vehicle speed, engine rpm among other things. We know the chip has to interfere with part of that (throttle position being the one I think of first).

Another possibility - did the 2011 ST have the 126kW motor (Thai) and now you've got the 140kW (Spain)? There might be different programs for the two different breeds.

Back